How can I find the person that keeps hacking my Facebook and email accounts?
Question by Sarah Kimball /

Someone forwarded a copy of my Facebook chat history, a private, deleted conversation to my separated spouse.

The person that sent the chat is not on Facebook per the email address, and the Yahoo email address is now inactive, and returns all emails that are sent.

This is clearly an invasion of privacy, and I’m wondering what action can be taken to determine the party that hacked me, and shared the email.

My Facebook account has been shut down by me as I was continuously getting hacked / kicked out, but my email keeps getting hacked into as well. I have changed my password to crazy things, symbols, changed secret questions, etc.

Are there any steps that I can take to prosecute the person that is destructing lives?

• ayyappa

when i was vidoe calling to my friend then i observed that the video was automaticaly zooming i n and zooming out i am worried that my account has been hacked please do save me from this…

• Susendeep Dutta

All you can save yourself from this is to update your details of Facebook by adding secondary email address,mobile number to your account.As well as reset your both email id and Facebook’s password which is harder to crack i.e. long 8-16 characters containing combination of alphanumeric and special characters.

• Oron

This may be trivial, but some webcams (e.g. many of the the Logitech ones) have a “face following” feature which indeed zooms in and out as it attempts to follow your face. Of course, your case may be different, but just to be sure, check the video settings in your web cam driver to make sure the feature is turned off (or not available).

Hello, is this an incorporated camera or a camera by itself? If available, can u post the model and brand? Like Oron said, chances are it is just the face following option of the camera.

• ayyappa

its an dell incorparated camera of my dell laptop and i want to mention that i did the same video calling with the same person before but at tht time i didny obeserd this zooming in and out

Hello, one option you have is to check the settings for the camera. Check if there is a face following option and it there is, make sure it is disabled if you do not want/need it.

• Nilesh Ahir

same has happened to me.

• Virtual Office

Facebook has a very bad option that once the hacker gains access and adds his email, he will be notified(via email with a gain access link) to reverse back and regain the access again even if the real account holder gets back the profile.

• Jp101997

Help, my daughter was on FB and messaging a friend when all of a sudden, somebody else could add chat in the same box with my daughters profile pic. Like it was coming from her. Problem is the person knew personal info not known on FB. They are only 12. I did the secure FB thing, changed passwords, but its freakin me out.

• Jay.0

Nothing to worry about, and this has nothing to do with password or hacking, it will not stop it.

“somebody else could add chat in the same box”

It is a fb feature.
      for example:
      you are chatting with your daughter,
      Click on the gear icon of chatbox, select “add friends to chat” , add an friend who is unknown to your daughter.

A chatbox will appear when all three of you can chat.

If you know, you can send message to multiple friends, facebook has merged this messaging into group chat like feature.

• Zoe Chaos

this just happened to me I was chatting with my freaking little sister and someone posing as me keeps typing gibberish I thought it was some kind of glitch and then it said “you will die [my name]”. How fun. Then they kept putting smiley faces. I changed my password and it stopped. I don’t think it’s a “prank”. I didn’t “add anyone” to the chat and I don’t believe my sister did. I immediately changed my hotmail password and after I change it it says someone on my network is “trying to send me to a fake hotmail page”. Someone seems to have it out for me, no idea who. I don’t have any enemies near me. I am an animal rights activist and I have a feeling it is someone on fb I’ve displeased by having their page removed.

• Zoe Chaos

holy crap, it was a very stupid prank by my idiot little brother!! I can’t believe him right now.. I accidentally left my facebook signed it at my mom’s house. My little sister didn’t tell me right away because my brother was being a jerk to her about it. A shame really because I wasted over an hour doing research & contacting facebook about it.. jeeez…

• rajnish chauhan

my friendlist hack

were you able to secure your Facebook account and stop it from getting hacked again? Please keep us updated!

Sarah – Nine times out of ten, cases like this are not keyloggers or malware (unless someone you know is specifically targeting you with those tools, and that person would have to be somewhat computer savvy.)

Most of the time, cases like this end up being a roommate or someone in the house where you use the same computer, and you might accidentally leave the “stay logged in” or “remember my password” checkbox on. Browsers store a lot more information than you may realize. You may want to consider using apps that clean up your history and cookies.

Search MUO for “clear browsing history” for more ideas. But, again, these cases more often than not turn out being a friend or relative living in the same house and causing mischief by getting on one of your computers and determining your passwords, no matter how often you change it.

Just make sure those boxes (remember password or stay logged in) are unchecked when you log in…that’s the first step.

May be mutual friends can help you to find that person….
    incase if you r victim of keyloggers
    change the password..and input new password with virtual keyoboard…and use it every time when you are asked password…
    use antivirus to scan malware..or format the pc

apply security on fb account

account settings>> account security>> account securuty to fb…

Login Notifications>> email & text msg

go and chat with the same person again…
    the next time someone accesses your will show the ip address of the hacker..which police can use to catch him…

i dont know about other emails…
    but gmail displays the pi address of last logins…

hope this helps….

• Saniachummun

Thanksss….but u dnt knw if I can find the person…becoz am rily upset…someone hack my acc and send messages I never wrong things…plz HELP

• Saniachummun

Plzzzzz help I’m rily scared…plzzzzzzzzzzzz
      Dnt knw what to do..just secure mi…now I feel like suicide

If your email keeps getting hacked even after changing your password you should be more then alarmed to thoroughly scan your computer for malware!

As for doing something you can inform the Police, your Email provider and Facebook. They will do an investigation and may be able to find the person.

But as always there needs to be evidence. Without evidence the person can simply state that his computer was infected, hacked and accessed from someone else and that he or she didn’t have anything to do with it.

The second question is the real damage it caused what you defined as “destructing lives”. If you are not physical or financially damaged it all comes down to the psychological part ~ they will have to analyze the conversation which was forwarded. 

Depending on it’s contents it might be a pretty minor delict. On the other hand if you were sharing intimate details about your separated spouse it might not be in your best interest to have this conversation shared and analyzed in the first place.