How can I find someone online using free websites?

bryanna February 24, 2011

I am trying to find my real dad and need help. Any good tips or good free websites that you may know of?

Do you know his name? Without knowing at least that basic information it will be very hard to find any information about him online. Once you know his name you can find a usefull information that can help you locating him around the web. I like a site called WAATP. It's a revolutionary site. If you are trying to locate someone this is a "must visit" site.

2. fruitgeek

I use whitepages.com which is good if you know the person's full name and city of residence. It only works if the person is listed. It is basically like a digital phone book, but it also gives you the person's address. If the person is unlisted, none of this works and it just shows sponsored links to sites like mylife.com, which I have not tried before.

Other than this, I have not found many truly comprehensive ways to find people online.

Oh, btw, Google can do do something similar to whitepages.com if you type the person's name, state, and city.

You might need to pay a small fee to get really useful results. Hope this helps. Also try what Tina said.

Bryanna,

what do you know about your real dad? Please don't reveal any details, just in general!

For example do you know his name, birthdate, places he used to live or work etc.

The name would be especially helpful. You can use this information and search your dad on social networks or other dedicated people search engines.

We have had a similar question before: How can I find someone online?

You should check out all of the answers to that question. But I summarized the highlights below:

- Search the name on Google.
    - Search the name on Pipl, a people search engine.
    - 15 Websites to Find People On The Internet
    - Cool ‘Identity Search’ Tools for Social Web
    - 3 Ways To Find People With Social Search Engines
    - 6 Most Powerful Search Engines for Social Networks

Hope this helps. Let us know in case you were successful and which method worked for you. Good luck!