How can I find out whether my motherboard supports USB 3.0?
Question by Chuck /

I have a Dell GX 280 (SFF), 3 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive with Windows XP Professional.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Nofxian

i installed the card and it wont update the driver. I do not have a a disk. There is not a usb 3.0 interface in the BIOS……  does that have anything to do with it? Help me please……

• Fariborz_karimi_2006

I have a HP pavalion 3 Gb Ram 32-bit AMD sempron(tm)
    Dual Core Processor 2200  2.00GHz

• Sumbattery1

Dell Inspiron 1000 Series, Inspiron 1150, Inspiron 11z Laptop AC adapter

• Lokman AKTA?

does sony vaio vgn-fz31m support usb 3.0? 
    please answer immediately to me…thank you friends

• Magaret

To find out whether my motherboard supports USB 3.0,just check if there is a usb 3.0 port.usb 3.0 port is different from usb 2.0,and often colored by blue.Like this usb 3.0 expresscard

• usb 3.0 expresscard

To find out whether the motherboard supports USB 3.0,just check if there is a usb 3.0 port.usb 3.0 port is different from usb 2.0,and always colored by blue.

• Dell-Jesse

Chuck,
    Your USB is 2.0. You can follow Tina’s information about adding a PCI card if needed. Here are some specs for your system.

Bus type PCI 2.2
    SATA 1.0a
    USB 2.0
    PCI Express 1.0a

——————————————————————————–

Bus speed PCI: 33 MHz
    SATA: 1.5 Gbps
    USB: 480 Mbps
    x1 PCI Express: 5 Gbps
    x16 PCI Express: 80 Gbps

Dell-Jesse

Chuck,you have a desktop PC, so you can upgrade to USB 3.0 using a PCI card. Given you have a free PCI slot in your machine, you can add a USB 3.0 port connector to that slot and voilà, you have USB 3.0 ports at the back of your computer. The upgrade itself is as easy as installing a graphics card. Check out this article on HubPages for hardware recommendation and a video tutorial on how to install the PCI card.Laptop users can upgrade to USB 3.0 using an adapter that connects to the laptop’s ExpressCard port.