How can I best find material on MakeUseOf?

Gary Hiscott September 7, 2011

Sometimes things come to mind BUT I haven’t got a real title of the software etc. More often than not I could guess the date within a few days.

How can I access old items that are not from the MakeUseOf ‘Cool Sites etc’ logo section? Within the last few days I remember seeing for instance an item similar to ‘Evernote’ with the word Cloud included. It may of course have been at the bottom of the article.

Gary,

we have a search field in the top right of the blog. All our articles, directory entries, questions, and Geeky Fun items are tagged and categorized.

You can either search by potential keywords and hope that you think of the same ones we used to tag the item (e.g. cloud AND notes in the case of the Evernote-like app) or you could browse by category within the Directory.

When you search, you can further refine your search by viewing results only from the main blog, Directory, Geeky Fun, or Answers. The respective links are visible on top of the list of search results, i.e. become available only after you ran the initial search. These search results also list matching tags.

• Jessica Cam W.

For faster searching from your browser's search box or URL bar, you can do a Google search with "site:makeuseof.com ". This is how I find older MakeUseOf articles to reference in a new article in Chrome.

For instance, URL to search Evernote: http://www.google.com/search?q=site:makeuseof.com+evernote