How do I find my lost NETGEAR router password?
Question by William Duncan /

How do I find my NETGEAR lost password?

• MARY DAVID

I CAN NOT REMEMBER PASSWORD TO WIRELESS ROUTER TO CONNECT
    BARNS AND NOBLES NOOK TO INTERNET

• tyler young

lost wifi name and password

• Oron Joffe

If the password is the default (factory-set) one, look it up in the manual. If you haven’t got the manual, you can download it directly from Netgear. If you received your router from your ISP, and your ISP has changed the password, then they will probably have printed it on a sticker on the underside of the router. Otherwise, you’ll need to restore the router to its default settings, which is usually done by pressing the little reset button at the back with a paperclip or pin for around 10 seconds.

• Chris Hoffman

Assuming you’re talking about the password for the administration pages, I don’t think you can recover it. You can reset the password to the default, though — there should be a tiny little button on the router that you can hold down to perform a reset.

Check your router’s manual for more information; it’ll be different on different models of routers.

If you just mean the WiFi password, you can recover it from any computer that has it saved. There are a variety of ways to do this, including third-party utilities like WirelessKeyView: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/can-i-find-my-wifi-encryption-key-from-a-machine-that-is-online/