How can I find my lost cell phone?
Question by Tommy /

I’m looking for software that can locate my lost phone while it still has a charge. Also because I have no way to download an app to my phone, I need to be able to run the program from my computer a second cell phone.

Is there a program out there that I can simply enter my number and it can track the location using the GPS in the phone?

Before you say just call the phone company, I did. Boost basically said that they will only do it if there is a lost child involved.

Thanx in advance.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Mbanda

I have found a solution. Sprint has a feature called Family Locator. You put in your phone details at the sprint website (you can do this for up to four phones) and then when you have signed up on their website a window comes up and you press the locate button and if your phone is turned and and within cell range a map will pop up showing you where you phone with to within 25 yards. This feature is $5 a month but sprint has a 15 day free trial period. I am sure that AT&T and Verizon and the other companies possibly have the same feature. I lost my phone on a golf course and I just found it this morning using this feature. Good Luck

• Ryan Dube

Tommy – unfortunately unless you’ve already installed software on the device that will let you activate it to transmit it’s location with a phonecall or over the Internet, you won’t be able to do anything at this point.

Cellular companies can triangulate the signal, but obviously it takes resources and as you’ve experienced, they aren’t willing to just help folks find lost phones. Triangulation data isn’t currently available to the public for privacy reasons. Jack’s advice is good though – if you have some idea where you lost it, go to the area and call your phone while you walk around and listen for it…

• Jack Cola

I am not sure if it’s possible to load a program onto a phone without a special app that’s one, running, and connected to the internet – so I doubt it.

Do you know where you lost it? If you do, go to that area and ring it?

I just got back from the snow and my friend lost his mobile, it still rings, but we couldn’t hear it – so it’s kind of odd.

Other than that, check out some of these posts that may be able to help you

If you didn’t install a GPS tracking app on the phone before it was lost, and your mobile service provider will not help you, I think you might be out of luck…