How can I find out about job opportunities in the gaming industries?

Poppy June 18, 2010

My grandson, who lives with us is 18 and still in school. He is very interested in gaming and graphics. And I would like to direct him to the gaming software business.
Where would be the best place to start in your opinions? I mean what could he or should he start with? I am looking for something that will help him get a good idea what it is about. Any recommendations will be considered.
Thanks in advance.

First of all, make sure it's something that your son really wants to do and that he enjoys it.

The first thing I would do is contact the Univerisities (or look on their websites) for some degrees that he might be interested in doing. Once he has completed his degree, he will find a job.

To get into a gaming business, you need an education first, otherwise he'll just get rejected.

Is he interested in playing the games or creating and designing them? There is a BIG difference.

If he wants to play them, maybe could find a job in gaming testing evaluation and reviewing or something. Maybe he might want to start up a blog about the games he reviews?

I hoped this helped.