How can I find and install an older version of Adobe Flash on Android 2.2.2?

Jeff Lin March 7, 2012

I have Android 2.2.2 “Froyo” and wish to install an older version of Adobe Flash (10.3) but it doesn’t show up in the Android Market (only the latest Flash 11), what are some alternative ways I can do so?

Right now my browser won’t show any Flash media components.

Thanks!

1. chritine

Go to adobe flash player archive, archived flash player, then scroll quite a way down to find the ones for android. You may nesd an app installer from the market google play have free ones do that first as the flash player is an akp file. Lots of people have had sucsess it hasnt worked on my archos but i am working on another way. Hope this helps.

2. Joe Bloh

Download Older Versions of Adobe Flash Here :
    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

If Anyone can find out how to get the older versions to Work , Please Post an answer. (nothing older than Flash 11 seem to work. Possibly because Adobe or Android have disabled the compatibility.

3. Joe Bloh

OLDER VERSIONS OF ADOBE FLASH DOWNLOAD HERE:

Note: You Can download for PC, Mac, etc.. even android...
    BUT, Anything older than Flash 11 Will download, extract and install, but will not work for some reason.

Possibly Adobe or Android have caused them to become broken (?)

If Anyone can find a way to make the Older versions to work, please Post.

Thank you.

4. Jeff

Apparently it is the hardware that does not support it. It's school equipment Viewpad 7. Thanks, Tim. I found the file but it does not allow me to install it at all.

Why do you want to install a version of Flash that has security holes?

• You So Stupid

Maybe because everything has security holes, and 75% of all websites use flash. Just because Apple says something is bad, does not make it so. Flash out performs HTML5 on any system with open API's, such as Windows and Linux, so Apple is mad that they would have to open their API's to get that performance. If you want to see security holes, just take a look at Apple. They don't even know what security is.