Why can I not find any information about my Sony laptop model online?

Lewis August 31, 2010

Why is there no information about my laptop on the Internet?

I bought it from the Sony store about a year ago. The model is vgn-nw24s.

Search it, nothing comes up?

1. Benjaminbrill1

yeah i have the same problem, mines a sony vaio pcg-6q1l..... cant find the manual

2. Lewis

Ok thanks, i found out it was a intel and on the back it has model PCG-7183M but on the front VGN-NW24S

3. Eric John Miller

It might be a Mobile Intel graphics media accelerator 4500M. If you are running Windows 7 you can check the X. Click the "Start" icon, then select "Control Panel". Click on "Hardware and Sound" and then "Device Manager". The "Device Manager" dialog box will have a tree view of your computer's hardware components. If you click to expand the tree node called "Display Adapters", you should see the video card listed. If you double click the listed video card, another window will pop up with tabs that describe information about the card, the drivers installed, etc.

4. Isaac Girard

Sony is notorious for placing multiple model/serial numbers on their laptops. Check the bottom of the laptop, or the bottom right hand side of the screen bezel.

5. Lewis

I was just wondering wh there's nothing about it on the Internet and for example I wanted to look at it to see what my grphics card is.

Hi Lewis,

this laptop model appears to be no longer listed on Sony's website. However, searching Google I did find some information, mostly regarding replacement LCDs and chargers for this laptop model. I searched for vgn-nw and vgn-nw24s on Google.ca and Google.de.

I also came across this VAIO After-Sales Support page from Sony:
    http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?l=en_gb

What exactly are you looking for?