How can I find out the IMEI number of a stolen phone?

emma onyait December 20, 2011

How do I use a BD_ADDR address to get my stolen phone’s IMEI number? I remembered I used to send files via Bluetooth, so I was hoping someone can help me get it. Thanx!

1. opeyemi

i lost my blackberry, i dont have the imei anymore pls how do i get the imei no back

2. syedhidayath QuantiumHyd

i loss my newly mobile nokia c5-03,pls sugeest me

Well, IMEI numers are found on the box of the cell phone.
    I have seen it on so many nokia boxes, not sure about the other cell phones.

Check the box if you still have it.

And I think if you contact the cell phone company and the dealer of the cell phone.
    They may have this record and may provide you the IMEI number.

Bluetooth devices that previously have established a trust relationship (paired with another Bluetooth device) will keep this trust relationship and store the respective keys in non-volatile memory unless configured to delete these keys
    after a specified period of time.

the master does not know the BD_addr of the slave and vice versa. However, after the connection has been set up, the units perform a security pairing procedure.When the pairing is done and an encrypted connection is established, the two units exchange (if desired) their respective BD_addr. Now if somehow you get connected again with the phone and locate it then you can recover back.

On older device, Bluesnarfing enables attackers to gain access to a Bluetooth-enabled device by exploiting a firmware flaw in older devices.This attack forces a connection to a Bluetooth device, allowing access to data stored on the device and even the device’s international mobile equipment identity (IMEI).