How can I find a html document in cpanel?

Andy March 2, 2010

At url http://www.filmter.com/veda-film-yorumlari, I want change “post a comment” heading to my language.
I use the Firefox extension Firebug to see where it is located within the html, but in the cpanel I can not find the html document that this section is “written into”.
I would highly appreciate if somebody could help me regarding this matter. Thanks in advance.

1. Enver Celikbas

Hello Timmy, yes I did and found index.php, but couldn't find Post a Comment there as well.

Hi Enver,

WordPress can be difficult to understand but when you get a grasp of it - you can make it do what you want! So this is what I would do if i could not find the file containing the text. WordPress creates pages from templates on the fly or dynamically. Download the entire site to your local hard drive. Then search for the text but exclude the heading tags as they are probably brought in from elsewhere.

I will download the theme for you and see if I can locate it... Stay tuned.

So I downloaded the theme and you are correct there is no Comments.php nor is the phrase post a comment listed in the theme. It might be pulling from a default file or css file. I think you should download the entire site and search for the phrase post a comment. Let us know how it goes.

• Enver

Hello,
          Thank you for your time.
          How can I download the entire site? I have looked at every php file under editor, but I dont think this is what you mean.
          Best Regards

Use a FTP client like Filezilla to grab the entire website then you can search through it using Windows built in search functions for the string of text.

• Enver

Thank you, will do that...

2. timmyjohnboy

Have you looked for the appropriate file in the editor within WordPress? Go to the themes icon and click on editor.

3. Enver Celikbas

Hello Tina,
    At public_html, my index.php says:
    Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads
    * wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
    *
    * @package WordPress
    */

/**
    * Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.

When I search with Firebug, I see Post a Comment but I can not find the file that contains this... I'll go mad :)

Yes scanning all the files is an option, but I though there might be an application that displays where this is located.

Thanks for your help.

4. Andy

Tina, thank you for your reply.
    Yes I am using theme gallery. I have looked into wp content > themes > gallery, but could not find comments.php there.

If you don't have a comment(s).php in your theme folder, either the default page isn't overwritten with your alternative theme file or the .php page you're looking for is not called comments or the code/text you're looking for is to be found within index.php.

Looking at the source of your site (index.php), I see this code:

Post a Comment

I suppose you already searched your index.php for the text you want to change and didn't find it. So what does your index.php say regarding comments?

I'm afraid I'm not an expert when it comes to PHP. I just try to analyze the situation and code logically. To be honest, if logic didn't bring me to the solution (answers above), I would just systematically scan all files in all folders that potentially make sense and try to understand how it actually works. Since I don't have access to your files, I can't do that for you.

Hopefully someone else can help better. Good luck!

You're using WordPress, right? And I guess you're using a theme called gallery for this site.

Did you look into > wp-content > themes > gallery > comments.php?