How can I find out who is hacking into my Alcatel OT-880 via Bluetooth?

Warren November 13, 2010

I need to be able to prove or find out the information of the computer that is illegally using a super Bluetooth hack to illegally access my phone every day.

The data exchange icon comes on and as I unfortunately have ‘nightmare neighbors’, I need to find out the IP address of the computer accessing my phone.The cursor moves uncontrollably downwards when I open web pages and eMails refuse to send occasionally in Google Mail when the data icon is showing.

Or can I switch off Bluetooth on my Alcatel OT-880 and access Internet?

Warren,how do you connect to the internet? Probably not via Bluetooth, but probably through WiFi or your phone's data connection, e.g. EDGE, HSDPA, 3G, GPRS, or others. So you can certainly turn off Bluetooth without losing the ability to go online with your phone.You can download a manual for your mobile phone here.The symptoms you are seeing may also have other causes, for example interferences with Bluetooth devices in the area where you live. Just turn the Bluetooth off when you're not using it!

The manual finally finished downloading...There is a button on your phone you need to press to enter the main menu. Select the 'Bluetooth' category and find the option called 'Activation'. Set it to 'Off' to turn off Bluetooth. That's all the manual says.You can also go to the 'Device list' of your phone and see which devices are connected to your phone. From this list you can disconnect or connect Bluetooth devices. So if other Bluetooth devices are trying to connect to your phone and causing the issues you have, disconnect and delete the unconnected device from the list.Please let us know whether these tips are helpful and whether you were able to fix the issue.