Where can I find a free BlackBerry 8110 unlock code?

uz October 23, 2011

I need an unlock code for a BlackBerry 8110 phone, does anyone know where I can find one?

UNLOCKING YOUR BLACKBERRY HANDSET TOTALLY FREE OF COST

I have a service provider locked Blackberry handset. My service provider was providing me pathetic service and was taking me for a ride. However, I was still stuck with them due to my handset issue, till I reached my limit day and decided to change my service provider. So, I decided to unlock my handset. I did send a email with my IMEI and PIN, etc. and all information required to their blackberry support team to give me my unlock code, but then I did not receive any reply from them. So no luck there, at-least. Therefore, I started doing a bit of searching on the internet and found a lot of third party providing these unlock codes, but strictly against a fee. However, I was not convinced about their success rate. Moreover, I wanted to do it FREE OF COST. After a lot of searching, I hit upon a article in the Blackberry Forum, and followed those steps, and it worked like a charm, and I have unlocked my Blackberry, totally free of cost. FREEDOM!!! I am sure, that are lot of people out there facing the same predicament, so I am sharing the link for your benefit. The link is http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-unlocking-f157/free-unlock-codes-687545/ . Also would request to install the latest Blackberry Desktop software, downloadable from the Blackberry website. Also, I am sharing another article link, because the first software in the above link did not work for me, so I had to manually find out my IMEI and my MEP ID. How to get IMEI of your handset is already given in the above link, however the following link will help you to find your MEP ID manually (strictly use this link, only if the IMEI and MEP reader software doesn't work). The link is http://freemyblackberry.com/mepcode.html . However, you need not use the unlock request form in the link, as you have the tools now to unlock your phone yourself. So, HAPPY UNLOCKING!!! SHARE it to your friends, as I am sure, there are still like me, facing the same problem.

Some Service providers will provide it for free.Call your customer care, and try.
    before unlocking read this :
    http://cellfservices.com/blog/cell-phone-unlocking/top-5-myths-and-answers-to-unlocking-a-cell-phone

Depending on your service contract you should be able to get it unlocked for free by your provider after a certain amount of your contract has elapsed. And they will certainly do it if you pay the unlock fee.

Unlock codes depend on your country, provider and your phones IMEI number. There are payed services claiming to calculate the code for you but I wouldn't count on them being reliable.

Also don't trust those "100% money back" guarantees - they don't exist. Most of the time they will send you a new code asking you to try it again. Before you realize you have entered a wrong code 10 times, your phone is hard-locked and therefor excluded from the guarantee.