How do I find out how my eMail address was used previously on Facebook?

null August 13, 2010

I am trying to sign up for Facebook, but it says my eMail address has already been used. How do I find out how I used it? It needs to be updated.

Just with Tina's post above, in case you are worried, Tina is the Answers Editor, that's why she had your email address.

But obviosuly you have signed up with that email address before or someone has hacked your account, because to sign up to facebook, you need to confirm your email address by clicking on the link. I would click on the forgot password link. You should then receive an email to change your password and you will be able to access the face book account.

Also, i think you can have multiple email addresses for your facebook account, so maybe you have added it to another account or something?

Pat,

it seems that you have already signed up to Facebook. I searched Facebook for the eMail address you used to post this question and found a user account. Please eMail me if you would like to receive the link (tina at makeuseof dot com).

What you can do is go to Facebook.com and either try to sign in (not up) with that eMail address and a password you may have used, or click the 'Forgot your password?' link in the upper right below the password field. They will send you a new password to that eMail address.

Please let us know whether this answer helped you solve your question. Otherwise please provide more details. Thank you.