Where can I find drivers for Realtek high definition audio?

Carol June 21, 2010

I accidentally removed the program for my sound device, so I think I need to reload the drivers for it. Where do I find them and how do I got about it?

If you go into device manager (Right click my computer --> Manage --> Device manager) there should, find your sound card, right click and go update driver. If you have Vista (possible windows 7) your computer should find the drivers automatically.

If not, they will be on a CD provided with the purchase of your computer or on a recovery hard drive on your computer. If not, go to the resources in Tina's post.

Glad I could help.

Carol,

the easiest way would be to go to the Realtek homepage and locate the drivers or software you need. The > Quick Links in the bottom right may be helpful.

Another great resource is XP Drivers.

You should find a Readme text file in the download of the driver/software package. Read it and carefully follow instructions.

Good luck and let us know whether that solved your problem!

• Carol_Topchick

Thank you very much Tina for taking the time to answer me, I appreciate that.

Yes it did fix the problem so I'm back in business