Where do I find drivers for Power DVD?

alan kirsch November 5, 2011

My Power DVD crashes because it needs new or updated drivers. Where do I find them?

Hello, I would advice you to go to your motherboard's manufacturer site and download the chipset, graphics (if different than chipset) and sound drivers.  If you have a discreet card (not incorporated) go to manufacturer's site and download the most recent drivers for the card and install them.  Once new drivers are installed, restart computer and then uninstall power DVD.  Reinstall Power DVD and if all the drivers are installed and working properly, the only thing/things Power DVD will install would be DVD/Bluray encoders if not available.

Hi Alan,

I may be wrong, but I do not think power dvd installs its own drivers. Please try updating your drivers. Please tell us how it goes!

- Jeff

1) Reinstall CyberLink PowerDVD
    2) Update to the latest patch (Click inside CyberLink PowerDVD)
    3) Close other applications when running
    http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=6702&prodId=1&prodVerId=887

if you are on windows 7, running PowerDVD in compatibility mode for Windows Vista. To do this, right-click on the program .exe and open the Properties menu, then navigate to the Compatibility tab and select "Run this program in compatibility mode for...