Can you help me find a driver for a Tevion webcam?

Mark June 5, 2010

I recently came into possession of an old webcam, which says “Tevion” on the front. But after a lot of searching, I am unable to find a driver to make the webcam work! I am on a Windows 7 operating system. If anyone knows of a valid driver to make the webcam work, I would be grateful :-)

1. pceasies

http://www1.medion.de/downloads/?lang=uk

There's a small link that reads: "Where can I find my identification number?"

See if you can find that and use it to do a search for the correct driver.

• Jack Cola

There's no information on the webcam's base?

When you plug it into the computer, does device manager tell you any information?

Maybe Google Tevion webcam and look for a picture of it. Once you find it, post the link, and check out the page to see if it has any extra information.

2. Mark O'Neill

That's the problem guys. I don't have any kind of a model number or ID. It only says Tevion on it!

• pceasies

Plug it in first then wait a few seconds

Try opening Device Manager (Start > Right-click Computer > Manage > Device Manager is an option on the left)

There should be an unknown device which is the webcam. You can go to properties, then details, then switch the drop down to Hardware ID

3. Saikat Basu

Hi Mark,

You can try to find it through the device's hardware ID. The other solution could be to run it with a generic webcam driver and see if it works. For instance, I run BlueTooth on my Acer laptop with a driver from Compaq. I don't know if it will work, but failing everything, it's the last option.

Hi Mark, in Australia, Tevion, Medion are computer brands that you can only purchase from an Aldi store (made specially for Aldi).Do you have a model number or any type of ID that could help in the search?I would also look for it at medion.com.I have a Tevion product, but can't remember what it was, but I mostly have medionn products. 1 computer and 2 laptops