How can I find out which cell phones get the best reception of weak signals?
Question by William /

I drive through many rural areas and am constantly losing the signal. Are there cell phones that are more sensitive in receiving signals in these remote areas?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• kumar raja

Use this sites

• Di

I know the networks do make some difference. However, my boyfriend and I are on the same popular network that claims to be the best of course. He has a LG Vortex with Android OS and I have a Samsung Alias 2. We both live close to rural areas but amazingly my cell actually picks up better than his does so it doesnt always depend on the carrier. We can be side by side in the car driving and mine will have a signal and his will not. I actually love my lil Samsung and hope to get the Samsung Galaxy III soon and pray it picks up as good as this one does. Its been a great cell bt our carrier has changed thier plans (Verizon) so we either have to keep the cells we have or if we do change the prices go way up and theres no unlimited data or friends and fam anymore so prob will be switching companies. Thks Verizon for forcing us to leave u

• Bonnie

We have sprint, which also pings off Verizon towers, however, they also have raised their rates for smart phones by $10 for family plan (1500 min. money) so will cost us $180 month but unlimited data. do I need a smart phone the way I need one, no. that is a question people need to ask themselves, can I get by if not in business for oneself. We will be dumbing down to a reg. text and talk phone when the contract is up.

• blue5ft3

Well we’re using the Iphone4s in our home now and dumped all of the cordless phones, and just put in a regular dial phone, our reception is SO bad that the best cordless phones don’t work in the house, but the Iphone does, don’t ask me why. We might try little tin hats maybe with cordless phones in the house?

• blue5ft3

Thanks for the link mine has 99% best reception Apple IPHONE 4S
      My cordless phones have -99%!!

• bitkahuna

doesn’t make sense that cordless phones have bad reception as that has nothing to do with cell towers. could be the size of your home, or a conflict between your cordless phones and a wireless router for example. i have found panasonic to be hands down the best home cordless phones.

I agree with the previous answers.
    Your best bet for a “safe” connection is Nokia.

I myself have a Lumia 800 and it beats any other phone I got my hands on at the same location.

• Susendeep Dutta

Installing a cellular repeater is a good idea to boost cellphone signal.It requires your cellphone to have atleast two network bars –

How to improve cell reception in 5 easy steps –

How to Cure Bad Cell Phone Reception In Rural Areas –

And the best phone to receive signals in remote areas is Nokia.They have launched a series of Windows phone worldwide.But avoid their Symbian and Meego offerings as they are abandoned.

Nokia Lumia 710 is the cheapest model to purchase –

Nokia Lumia 710 indepth review –

Nokia is also going to launch much cheaper(less featured) Windows phone in recent Mobile World Congress.So wait and see what you can choose.

The network connection also depends upon the company who has setup the cellular towers and which phone uses their chipsets.For example-if a rural areas has all its cellular towers setup by ST-Erricson then the phone which have ST-Erricson chipset will catch the signal the most in all cases.In future,Nokia will use ST-Erricson chipsets in their future Windows phone.

• Karkala Nayak

Hello William,

I read your question and ran a search and found a website called as reviewgist
    They had provided phones with best reception of 2011/2012.
    so check this site

Also Don’t forget that The cell phone with the best reception is going to depend on where the provider has set up cell towers. so The reception also depends on the provider

There was an article on about how to improve reception of a signal check it out

But Now If you want to know which is the best phone provider which has best reception then go for Nokia…For me they are the best..

Rest, everything is in your hands..  :)

I hope it helped::