How can I find my cell phone lost in the snow?

HELP November 26, 2010

I am in Canada and I lost my cell phone while sliding on my back down snow hills. We spent 1 hour in the snow looking. Is there any tips that you could share to help me find the cell phone quickly? If so tell me please!!!

1. Gruber38

call the police they can hel[p  u find ur phone if tnhey track it for u

2. Gruber38

Call the police u dumby they will track ur phone and locate it for you

3. Bikeaudi

You can search for your phone with beacon transponders that are commonly used for mountain avalanche rescue. If the phone is on it will be easy to find if no other phones are on in the immediate area. If it is turned off it may still work but is more of a challenge. Other phones will have to be absent even if turned off. rescue and ski patrol folks are teh go to for this gear. MC in Spokane

4. Monica9

thanks for the tips but what about if you dont have a metal detector and sould i ask my neighbours if i can borrow it or no

For the future and in case you own an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you can prepare your device for a situation like this: Locate Your Missing Or Stolen iPhone, iPad Or iPod Touch With Find My iPhone

Try to call it from another cell phone as you search the area.
    Get a metal detector and search the area.

That's all I can think of.