Where can I find apps for my Google CR-48 netbook?

Lucas February 3, 2011

So, my CR-48 came in the mail yesterday and I am loving it. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestion as to apps to download?

Something that I was looking for was either a chat app that works like the Google Talk app and something that allows Skype video chat to work on it.
Thanks.

Your best [and probably only] chance is the Chrome Webstore
    http://chrome.google.com/webstore

Just search for "messenger" and make your pic. There are several Apps available: Yahoo! Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, ICQ Web Messenger but also Multi-Protocol Messenger like IM+ or Meebo.

There are some hacks to get "oldschool" package manger to run on Chrome OS but it's a lot of trial & error and not very usefull since everything is commandline, not integrated into the Chrome OS. Some individuals thought about porting YaST since it does have a web based UI but I haven't heard any new progress about that.

Lucas,

congratulations on being one of the lucky few who can test the CR-48.

I hope you will get feedback here from folks using the Google Chrome OS. In the meantime I recommend that you have a look into the Chrome OS Forum. It has a section for apps.