How can I filter out emails sent “via” another address in Gmail?

KALLUNGAN October 4, 2012

Now a days i am getting lot of mails in this format xxx@yyy.com via www.xyz.com.
eg:
email@broaddcastbusiness.com via jsend.in .
How can I search or filter out these mails and delete them?

1. Ondrej

Use "Intelligent Labels" in Settings -> Laboratory

If you type xyz.com in the search bar of Gmail,then you will get a list of results of emails related to that domain.Then you can select all of them and can move them to trash.

3. shaurya gupta

in the filter area, under the from option, point to email@broaddcastbusiness.com and then choose delete. Don't know about gmail, works in my outlook...:)

4. Rob Hindle

First read this so you understand the implication of "via":

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=1311182

Then you can set a filter:
    Settings>Filters>Create> [in the FROM field write via] >Create> [select an action] >Create

The action should not be delete as you will understand having read the above link.

Alternatively you could filter on any other part of the line "email@broaddcastbusiness.com via jsend.in"

Or filter on the contents of one of the other fields like Subject (or a combination).

• Rob Hindle

I just found an example of "via" in my gmail so tried the above, there's a problem. Google made via into a hyperlink (to the support article mentioned earlier) so using "From:via" for the filter doesn't work. You'll have to filter on something else.

• basil m kallungal

I tried to place filter for names after 'via'. Thats not working. Eg aa@bbb.com via ccc.in.

In this example I tried to place ccc.in into filter, but not working.

If i need to keyin aaa or bbb as filter, then I need to add lots of filters as always this aaa and bbb is changing. Now itself I had near about 20 filters coz of this via, pls help :)

5. Ashwin Ramesh

I don't really get what you are asking, however, have a look at this : https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/gmail/saKSfRqwe04

• KALLUNGAN

Eg aa@bbb.com via ccc.in. In this example I tried to place ccc.in into filter, but not working. If i need to keyin aaa or bbb as filter, then I need to add lots of filters as always this aaa and bbb is changing. Now itself I had near about 20 filters.... pls help :)