Will my files be transferred when I build my old RAM into another computer?

Jeff January 8, 2012

If I install my old RAM into my girlfriends computer, will my files be on her computer? Or can I format it when I install it?

Hello from your explanation I think you are confusing RAM(memory) with hard drive.  If you install your old harddrive into her computer, yes you will be able to access your files.  And yes, you can reformat your drive once you install it in her computer.

RAM is Random Access Memory,  a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly;In common usage, the term RAM is synonymous with main memory, the memory available to programs. For example, a computer with 8MB RAM has approximately 8 million bytes of memory that programs can use. The more RAM you have, the more applications and documents you can have open
    without degrading performance.

RAM holds the data in place only while the computer is powered on. The Hard Drive stores all the applications and data on your computer for use and retrieval whether powered-up or not.

No. Ram is for temporary storage. You can however transfer your hard drive to her computer to have the effect I think you're going for.