Why are files in my Dropbox folder not synced between my desktop and my laptop computer?
Question by gary eidson /

The files on my desktop are current and stored in Dropbox. My laptop files in Dropbox are not the same as my desktop. How do I get the files from my desktop to my laptop?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Wza

Hit the refresh under the view menu in your dropbox.
    worked for me.

1. make sure your Desktop has internet access otherwise data won’t be synchronized to Dropbox

2. make sure your Laptop has internet access otherwise Dropbox won’t be able to notice that there are new or changed files

3. make sure your Dropbox is not out of storage
    If you reached your storage limit of Dropbox new files won’t be synchronized

Hello, is dropbox giving you any errors at all?  Do you have the latest version on both computers?  Check the versions and they are not the most recent visit the following link and download it?

Have you tried unlinking your computer and then linking it back?  If you are experiencing problems with permissions, go to following link and read comment about permission errors.  It should be the second question:

It’s possible that the computer or person you are syncing with has added files which contain characters that are illegal on your Windows computer. The follow characters aren’t valid on Windows:
    [ ] / = + : ; ” , * .

Do you both have the Dropbox application running on your computer? If so, what does it say its status is when you click on the menubar/system tray icon?