How do I know what files to delete from my HTC HD2’s memory?

patrick November 15, 2011

How do I know what files I can delete from my HTC HD2’s storage to make for more room? I only have 16MB out of 180MB still available!

1. Patrick Lee

Many thanks to all, I have removed (saved to sd card)  some cache files and have dubled my available memory

Thanks for your feedback, Patrick!

2. el tio ska

do a soft reset, this will release some memories.

When you are in Email, tap Inbox at the bottom left of the screen. Then tap Inbox at the top left of the screen, then tap Deleted Items. If there are any messages there, permanently delete them to free memory.

turn off ActiveSync or WMDC immediately sync

go to application data-->htc-->htc album and check how much space occupies the cache folder

1. install total commander to phone memory (not sd card)
    2. eject sd card
    3. on total commander file>find files then find files greater than the default 64k or or 1mb if you want the search to be quicker
    4. click on 'size' to sort files into descending order
    5. delete or copy any unwanted files

Basically the only things you can safely remove are apps and files you installed yourself. I definitely don't recommend to delete any of the system files.

Your best option is to get a microSD card (up to 32GB) to expand your memory and install all your custom apps and games to this storage.