How can I fetch dynamic updates from one web page and display it as scrollable list on another?

Vikas August 3, 2011

I need to fetch updates from my web site and display it in form of scrollable text on our web page. Something like this on Friendster.

Any help?

Thanks..

Use AJAX to render the the updates. Here is a tutorial on AJAX
    http://www.w3schools.com/Ajax/default.asp

It looks like it may be using PHP to write the text from the database, so I'd venture to guess that it's checking a database for what to write and uses Ajax to display it, which means they can write updates without having to reload the page. 

To make the scrollable text area, simply use the DIV tag with a preset width and height. Once it exceeds these dimensions, it will turn itself into a scrollbox. 

Whoa. Awesome advice Jeffery, but I think they might be looking for something a little less DIY. 

Vikas, what is your website running on? If it's wordpress, there are hundreds of suitable plugins that could do this for you given an RSS source feed to work from.