Will I have all the features of iPhone if it is unlocked and jailbroken?

Dr Johnny Siu Chong July 25, 2011

If I buy an iPhone4 on eBay that’s contracted with a carrier, e.gs AT&T, and I purchase software to unlock and jailbreak the unit, do I still have all the features that the iPhone is supposed to have?

And are all apps on a jailbroken phone really free? And last of all, can I still access updates on iTunes after jailbreaking?

1. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

You will have access to all the features the iPhone has after jailbreaking it, but you will void your warranty if Apple finds out you have unlocked it.

Not all of the apps in the Cydia store are free, that is a myth. There are a lot of free apps, just like in the iTunes App Store, but the ones in the Cydia store are exclusive to jailbroken phones.

You won't be able to upgrade your phone through iTunes and keep you phone jailbroken. Each jailbreak version is specific to the OS version your iPhone is running. So, when a new update is released by Apple the people that create the jailbreak get working on the jailbreak for that particular version.