What’s your favorite way to back up a WordPress blog?

Ryan May 4, 2011

What approach do you use to back up your WordPress blog on a regular basis – including the theme/design/settings as well as the posts and comments (database)? Is it a one click solution or do you manually back up the files and the database? Looking for the fastest/easiest solution for regular monthly backups!

You can use a wordpress plugin like backWPup. Just install and it will backup your whole website automatically. It also has option to upload the whole website to cloud services like Dropbox, Amazon S3, etc.

I SSH into the server and get it all done in three commands for a manual backup, or automate the whole thing with a quick script. ...

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/backup-website-ssh-command-line/

3. Saptashwa

I usually download the entire directory using FTP. Other than that I don't know of anything. And this is the most reliable 'cause you are the one doing it.