What is your favorite website to ask questions in addition to Makeuseof?

Tilman December 29, 2010

Since I got to know MakeUseOf Answers, I have fallen in love with the possibility to ask questions and get excellent answers relatively fast. The MakeUseOf community is fantastic for any questions related to computers. Thank you!

However, more and more often I have also questions that are unrelated to computers. For those questions, MakeUseOf is unfortunately not the right place. Thus, I would like to ask: What is your favorite website to ask questions when your question does not fit MakeUseOf?

Thanks in advance for your contributions. :)

1. Micheleblood360

My comment would be to try CNET.COM as they have been very helpful to me. Also Tom's weekly guide. You can't lose as it's all free. Hope it helps.

2. Citizenearth

Fluther.com is the way to go.

3. Jakecamp

I have solved many problems from Kioskea.net forums.

4. Lillgad

ahoo answers, the best

5. Saki

reddit

6. Jessica Cam W.

Aardvark's new to me, but I use ChaCha, which can send you answers via SMS.

7. Mark O'Neill

Aardvark is good, and Yahoo Answers is not bad if you don't mind some crackpot answers.

My favourite next to MUO Answers probably is StackExchange (http://stackexchange.com/) since it folows the same simplicity.
    Besides all kind of technology related subsites they also offer sections about Physics, Cooking, Bycicles, etc...

agree about StackExchange, one of the better Q&A communities around

Aardvark via GTalk. Works best for general questions about anything.

• Will Radie

Aardvark is pretty sweet. I have been using it for a long time now and it comes in quite handy. Using IM instead of submitting to a site is way better. with 'Vark you get the best of both worlds.

It's also a great discovery tool. If you allow it to ask you questions (with plenty of options, mind you), and you dont know an answer, but are curious, you can easily set it up to notify you when the question is answered.