What is your favorite mobile operating system and why do you prefer it?

Dr.sunil V August 15, 2014

Which mobile operating system do you like most and why?

1. Ben S

Android. It's smooth, customizable, I can do what I want with it, and I like the app selection.

Windows Phone just isn't there yet, and I'm not a big Apple fan. Not having a file browser or other simple apps I take for granted really gets to me.

I liked the positives of Windows phone like smooth operations,fluid UI,simple and fast operations.It made be realize that what a today's smartphone needs to be.

But overall,I prefer Android over others.It's because I can get to do much more than other OS.

• Dr.sunil V

Thank you. Please tell why win 8 phones with same RAM work faster than Android counterpart having same RAM

• Susendeep D

Because Android has much more background processe running behind and no limit imposed so any app is free to use any amount of memory.But Windows phone has limit of 150 MB and apps are made with lesser amount of graphical effects and colours.

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. Please tell that 150 MB limit is for single app? I guess lot of background apps make Android slow. Do apps run in background in win 8 phone?

• Susendeep D

150 MB limit is for single app.
      Apps gets freezed in WP when they are not active.Some apps gets restarted due to this phenomenon.

• Sunil

Thanks. Is there a way to know how much RAM is free and utilized by individual apps ? like how in Android phones Settings - Apps - Running show RAM used and free

• Susendeep D

Update: Microsoft now allows 300 MB RAM for background apps.

Regarding RAM usage,I tried finidng out how to do it,but couldn't find it.

• Dr.sunil V

Its okay. Thank you very much.
      http://www.twitter.com/Goodysunny

Jeff F is right, Android and Windows mobile are uptodate next it is application database available on the market,

• Sunil

Thanks. Please tell , which non-Android OS are compatible with android apps / apk files? To name few which I know of : Which amongst BBM , Kindle , Seitz , Firefox OS allow apks to work?

4. Jeff F

Android, because I said so.

• Dr.sunil V

Thank you for reply. Dear friend, this is to draw your attention that whimsical statements ( "because I said so." ) are derogatory to readers. Please reply with reasoning as specified in query

• Jeff F

You asked me what my favorite mobile operating system was, Sunil. There is no wrong answer because it's a matter of opinion..

• Dr.sunil V

Dear Jeff.

Thanks for opening your mind to me.

Kindly note , that query has two parts viz., a) Which mobile OS, b) why.

Your reply to first part viz., your opinion Android is correct , but reply to second part viz., reason for your opinion does not mention reason , as specified for respondents in the query

Kindly note that other respondents have mentioned reasons as asked

• Jeff F

what.