What is the fastest video converter?

G. Bastaki January 2, 2012

What is the fastest video converter for taking MKV movies (between 400MB and 1GB) and converting them to AVI, DVIX and other formats?

there isn`t any fast converter

2. Elaine Zhao

I think dvd to ipad converter is a nice one. It can convert anyvideo resource avaliable to almost all popular video & audio formats. I appreciate its speed and high quality very much.

3. Yuri xiong

I think Any Video Converter is a good choice. It can convert video files between various formats, including AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MPEG, FLV, 3GP , DVD, WebM , MP3, etc for iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod, iPhone, Android, PSP, Samsung Galaxy S II, Amazon Kindle Fire, etc.

4. Guest

I've only tried free converters so in my opinion Freemake Video Converter & Handbrake.
    I also liked iwisoft video converter but what a shame that it doesn't do a 2 pass conversion :/

5. Alice

I highly recommend wondershare video converter ultimate. A newer version is available. 6X faster conversion than ever before!

6. Eldenford

Handbrake for sure. 

thanks for the link to CNETS, many choices are there indeed, nothing can be slow or fast unless first it is tried, long list to try!

8. Tim Nelms

I like winFF, an ffmpeg based converter with a simple front end.  Cuts down a lot of questions about Will this work on my portable media player/phone.

9. Anees Bakrain

Iwisoft video converter is the fastest and it is free

10. Epi_questions

It depends on the speed of your pc (processor speed, memory etc) as well as the settings you set for encoding/transcoding (1-pass, 2-pass, bitrate...etc).

But if everything is equal (pc specs, enconding/transcoding config) the fastest i've used is xmediarecode next is freemake (although freemake takes a little longer to load but in terms of encoding/transcoding(converting) it is fast

11. Jay.0

Try format factory and any video converter.

it will be slow conversion, if you choose your outout with the same quality.
    eg. I converted 550MB mkv file into 480 MB avi file by reducing dimensions , because 240x 240 was the default avi setting.
    it took about half an hour.

but when I chose  the original quality, it got slow.
    and the output size will also increase.

Hello, keep in mind that your system specs can influence a lot in the conversion speed.  Also, the bitrate for video/sound can affect the speed.  The bigger the files, the longer they take to convert.  Because you are reencoding, you will loose quality unless you use higher bitrate/size.  The one that works the fastest for me WinAVI...keep in mind that is a paid software.

A free option that at least for me works fast is any Video converter:

well this depends if your pc configuration is good or not like your graphic card support for cuda

MediaEspresso 6.5 is ultra fast video conversion

Xlinksoft Video Converter Platinum