What is the fastest video converter?
Question by G. Bastaki /

What is the fastest video converter for taking MKV movies (between 400MB and 1GB) and converting them to AVI, DVIX and other formats?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

there isn`t any fast converter

• Elaine Zhao

I think dvd to ipad converter is a nice one. It can convert anyvideo resource avaliable to almost all popular video & audio formats. I appreciate its speed and high quality very much.

• Yuri xiong

I think Any Video Converter is a good choice. It can convert video files between various formats, including AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MPEG, FLV, 3GP , DVD, WebM , MP3, etc for iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod, iPhone, Android, PSP, Samsung Galaxy S II, Amazon Kindle Fire, etc.

• Guest

I’ve only tried free converters so in my opinion Freemake Video Converter & Handbrake.
    I also liked iwisoft video converter but what a shame that it doesn’t do a 2 pass conversion :/

• Alice

I highly recommend wondershare video converter ultimate. A newer version is available. 6X faster conversion than ever before!

• Eldenford

Handbrake for sure. 

thanks for the link to CNETS, many choices are there indeed, nothing can be slow or fast unless first it is tried, long list to try!

• Tim Nelms

I like winFF, an ffmpeg based converter with a simple front end.  Cuts down a lot of questions about Will this work on my portable media player/phone.

• Anees Bakrain

Iwisoft video converter is the fastest and it is free

• Epi_questions

It depends on the speed of your pc (processor speed, memory etc) as well as the settings you set for encoding/transcoding (1-pass, 2-pass, bitrate…etc).

But if everything is equal (pc specs, enconding/transcoding config) the fastest i’ve used is xmediarecode next is freemake (although freemake takes a little longer to load but in terms of encoding/transcoding(converting) it is fast