What is the fastest laptop I can get?

Dipak September 15, 2011

I want to purchase very fastest laptop. For it what is essential feature to see while buying fastest laptop?

1. K Ezy

Dude .. You went in !!!!! That spec is intense ...
    As far as I can tell ghz over 3.06 . 250£ graphics card , minimum of 500 gb hard drive , at least 4 gb ram . Over 16x DVD drive and at least a dual core processor , pci Ethernet outlet of at least 200mbps , router capable of pushing that through a cat 5e Ethernet cable or cat 6 for file sharing . You can get all the above for about £600 . = good all rounder for Internet, gaming and sending folders . I recommend a Asus or toshiba . DO NOT get a hp , although the spec is alot better the quality is sh#t !! And un reliable . Avoid vaios as well they are an average joes laptop does the minimum basic ! I have 2 four core toshibas linked to one another pushing out 8 core and 6 ghz , SSd 200gb with a raedon ts9826 . Pushing out 200-1000mbps , draytek n65 imported from Germany. Cost for all above £1200 and my time lol . Will be out of date soon , something new will come out lol .

2. K Ezy

3. Tauhidur_aiub

I bought fujitsu AH550 core i5, according to the price its better.But I highly recommended sony vaio.

4. Tilman

I very much recommend the Precision M6500 series of Dell! There you can customize each component individually to make it as fast as you can afford it to be. I personally chose the cheapest i7 CPU and 4gb of RAM because that was all I could afford. But make sure to ask your local Dell dealer for discounts ;) (If you don't like Dell for some reason, Lenovo's Thinkpad W701 would have been my second choice but I chose Dell because of its customizability (is that a word?) and because the CTRL button is where it should be on the keyboard.)

Regarding hard drives, I do not think that a Solid State Hard Drive (SSD) is a luxury that only a few can afford. I believe that an SSD is ESSENTIAL TO ANYONE who wants to have a HUGE improvement of the computer's performance! I can't recommend enough buying an SSD! It is just SO much faster than a normal/traditional hard drive. Windows starts within seconds (compared to minutes before), Photoshop starts within seconds, and the whole computer feels so much more responsive whenever touching the hard drive is involved (which is the case quite often, even if you don't consider yourself a heavy data mover from one folder to another). I used to put my computer always to sleep instead of shutting down because I didn't want to wait several minutes in the morning. Now with an SSD, I don't mind shutting the computer down even if I come back in 30 minutes! It is just so so fast... :)

Ok, that's my two cents =) Hope this helps...

You didn't really state what the computer was going to be used for...

The CPU, memory and hard drive are the biggest dictators of speed. If it's a gaming laptop, the video card will be a huge factor as well. For your CPU, the higher the GHz the better (2.8 GHz or more). Each core acts as a brain which performs computations, the more of them the better. 

For memory, it is ideal to have at least 4 gigabytes of ram. For extreme gaming and or video/modeling at least 8 GB's. Too much ram (32GB's) can have a negative influence on your speed if your CPU isn't just as good. 

If you want to be on the bleeding edge of fast technology, a solid state hard drive would be best. Otherwise, a SATA with at least 6 GBs input/output speed. Again, the higher the I/O speed the better. 

6. Mulder

There's no such thing. Speed is dependent on what you're using it for, as well as the other specifications of each model.

You need to figure out what you're going to use it for, then buy one that fits that purpose.