Why doesn’t Facebook work on my computer?

Cynthia Hostad September 11, 2012

I can get access to my account but once IN my account I can’t seem to actually DO anything. The page that is there says edit or post, but when I try “save changes” or “send”, it just sits there.

This ONLY happens on my personal computer. When I used my brother’s, I had full use of the site. I have obviously done something on my own computer, but what?

I have a blocksite add-on in Mozilla Firefox, but Facebook is not on it. Yes, I have an antivirus, antispyware which works automatically and also full scans every night.

1. nina

i recently updated my facebook app on my iphone, and when i synched it to my laptop, it hosed SOOOOO many features. i can't post photo albums, "see more" , tag photos, make friend requests. i can't use the forward/previous buttons when looking at albums, and so many other quirks? please someone tell me if there is a fix??? any way to revert back? PLEASE HELP! fb help has been totally useless. this has been 2 weeks with no answers!!!

2. Alex Perkins

Clear cookies

3. VS Vishnu

use another browser

4. C Hostad

I can use facebook on Firefox at my friends house but not mine. (I did nothing except turn on the laptop and load facebook) So it seems it must be some block on my internet provider. Yet my brother who uses the same internet in the house though different computer (IBM) does not have the same problem.
    I have done the different things mentioned (It works on Internet Explorer - but I prefer Firefox)
    What I don't know how to do is check my provider blocking into my laptop.
    any help would be appreciated

• dragonmouth

Is your brother using Firefox with blocksite?
      Is your friend using Firefox with blocksite?
      Did you have this problem before installing blocksite?
      If the answer is "NO" then the problem is blocksite add-on. Disable it or uninstall it and try to find another add-on that does the same job.

5. Areeb Majeed

I agree with Saurav Azad

6. Jahnezzy Eltime

press f5

7. Vishal Mishra

Try using another browser and clean temporary files.

8. Usman Mubashir

Check if the problem remains if you use any other browser on your PC. if the problem is solved try re installing your original browser, if problem still exists, refresh filewall settings.

Firstly,update Firefox,then disable all the extensions and plugins.Load Facebook and enable each extension one by one to see which on is blocking it.

10. Ahmed Khalil

check to access the face book after stoping your anti viruse aor anti spam you use i think it will work and this mean you need to change some settings of these programs

11. ravenclawwit

You should also make sure your java and flash are up to date. If they are old or outdated, that could also cause many problems on modern sites like Facebook.

12. Justin Pot

Does the same problem happen if you use a different browser? I see you're using Firefox; have you tried IE or Chrome? If Facebook works with those browsers then the problem is probably in Firefox and we have a place to begin from.

• Cy

it works in Explorer so must be a firefox problem

• Shane La Horie

you should probably upgrade to the latest version or firefox and if u have the latest version of firefox. check what addons you are using

• Cy

My only add-on is freecorder and blocksite I have the latest firefox. I did clean my browser. Updated my Java and flash but I can only make comments - message if I use Explorer.
          Real hassle to have both open as I prefer Firefox.
          Thanks for all the help

• Shane La Horie

Ok i would advise you to uninstall fire fox but do a complete uninstall, not from the control panel but using a specialized program like Total Uninstall or one of its alternatives (http://alternativeto.net/software/total-uninstall/) then re-download the latest version and re-install try it and let me know if it works.

13. Riya Banerjee

Use Ccleaner and try again

• cavin

how about me? my computer cant find facebook while other is ok? how do i make it works?

14. Akarsh Seggemu

The problem might of the browser, did you check with Internet explorer, safari, chrome, Opera in your pc.

15. Erlis Dhima

Try to clean your browser cache! Also, do a temporary files cleaning!

16. Jhon H. Caicedo

It could be several things, but without more detail is hard to pin point the exact problem. Ideas: Have you tried by clearing the cache of the browser and reloading the FB page again ? Have you tried a different browser ? Have you updated your browser ? Have you tried uninstalling some of the addons for your browser ?

17. Saurav Azad

may be your processor is too slow and you may be running too many programs at a time . try terminating process other then the running browser.
    or you may re install the browser (stable version) if you are using a beta version of firefox as it may cause this problem due to bugs.
    or may be you have very less ram and your secondary storage is full !!!