Are Facebook public posts vieweable in the news feed of friends of friends?

Dr.sunil V July 24, 2014

Are Facebook public posts vieweable in the news feed of friends of friends? I guess the protocols and new rules for public posts has been changed to make public posts viewable in the news feed of friends of friends. This point is not to be confused with the basic fact that FB public posts viewable by any one on facebook but this question is specifically about public posts “viewable in news feed of friends of friends”

1. Amrit K

Nope. But if if your friends are tagged or they like or comment on your post then it will be viewable in their friend's news feed.

2. Vinnu

Not exactly. if your friend like or comment on your post then friend's of your friends will see your post. orelse it wont appear on news feed of friend's of friend's .

3. Ben S

They won't be viewable in Friends of Friends' news feeds per se.

If you're friends with Alex, and Alex is friends with Chuck, Chuck is a friend of a friend, just to use an example.

If you post a status, Chuck won't see it randomly by browsing through his news feed. However, if Alex leaves a comment on your status, Chuck will be able to see "Alex commented on this" in his news feed and read the status.

Also, if Chuck finds you by a search or other means, he'll be able to read all of your stuff that's labeled for friends of friends.

Make sense? With all of FB's changes to this, it does get maddening.

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. You are correct. recently one of my public post was 'liked by friend of friend' though the friend had not liked or commented on my public post , but i understand the liker had sent me friend request and must be 'following' my posts ( followers see public posts )