Why doesn’t my Facebook profile have the update ticker?
Question by Simon Davis /

Since the new timeline layout was introduced, Facebook also has a ticker-style app that shows updates from your friends etc. My Facebook account doesn’t have this ticker. It’s definitely not my browser, because even if I log in using IE9 or Firefox it’s still not there.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• Neil Willis

Others can see my facebook posting but they are not on my news feed on my homepage Why ?

• Neil Willis

Others can see my facebook posting but they are not on my news feed on my homepage

• JC

Hello, I don’t have a ticker also… so you’re not alone. I looked for an answer and this is what I found:

According to this page: http://www.facebook.com/help/ticker

Why don’t I see ticker on my account?
    Ticker only shows up for people with a certain level of account activity. If you don’t see ticker, it’s probably because you don’t use Facebook a lot, so there’s not enough content to make ticker useful to you.

If you like how active you are on Facebook right now, you don’t need to change anything. If you’d like to be more active, you can:

Add people you know well as friends
    Discover social apps
    Connect with Facebook Pages you like

• krishnapriya

First hide the side bar. Pay close attention to the right of the page, you will see a small arrow as in the picture. Hover over it and it should be obvious. If the arrow is there, you should be able to show/hide the ticker by clicking it. It should work. If not, I believe there is some other problem.

• rchard2scout

There’s a very easy way to hide the sidebar (the bar with the chat and ticker), and you may have clicked it accidentally. To reveal the sidebar, simply click on the button at the right-bottom that says Chat (some number). The sidebar should pop up. To hide it again, click the bottom in the corner (it has the mouse-over text “hide sidebar”.

• Simon Davis

Hi, thanks for replying.  The sidebar is there, but it only shows my friends and nothing else.  To the left of the sidebar is an empty column, which looks like it should contain the ticker…. to the left of that is adverts.
      All very strange.

• rchard2scout

That’s strange…
      The ticker should be above the list of friend, not next to it. (but there is some empty space between the ads and the sidebar, its width varies with your screen resolution)
      I just noticed that you can change the position of the horizontal divider between the ticker and the friendlist. Maybe this divider is all the way at the top?

• Simon Davis

Nope, I don’t have a divider so it’s not that either unfortunately.  Something weird is going on here, methinks!