Why is my Facebook page not landing on my welcome page?

beth July 17, 2011

I have just set up a welcome page on my Facebook page and changed the default landing setting to Welcome page, however it is still landing my wall. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Do I have to wait 48 hours for it to take effect? Thanks. :)

1. SEO Company Delhi

The default landing tab can only be adjusted for people that are not following your Page. Once they follow your Page, they will see the Page's wall as the default.

2. Steve

I have the same problem, has anyone reported it?

Beth,

did you figure out how you could make visitors of your Facebook page land on the welcome page? Please keep us updated!

4. Angela Alcorn

It looks like it's changed a bit recently. It used to be that you could set the default landing tab for new users, but not repeat visitors. Perhaps it's still set that way, but not explained as that. Fans are usually directed straight to the wall. Get someone who isn't already a fan of your page to view it and see which tab they see. I'm guessing they'll see the welcome page you set up, whereas you won't.