Why does Facebook look odd on Firefox?

Jay September 11, 2011

My profile picture and friends thumbnails show up in the middle of the page with my wall posts moved down below. This only happens on Firefox and only on my home machine.

1. JoeyDee

I had the same thing happen a few days ago. When I disabled Adblock Plus on Facebook.com, the pages loaded correctly. After reading this post I went back and enabled Adblock on Facebook, the problem reoccured. Could be one of the filters I subscribe to, haven't had time to investigate further. (Could be the "Fanboy's Annoyances" filter???--http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/

Thanks.  It was a problem specific to Firefox and specific to this computer.  A quick unintall and reinstall solved the problem. 

It could be duo to an outdated Firefox version, bad internet cache, some custom CSS setup within Firefox or maybe some add-on causing it.

Make sure you are using the latest Firefox version.Go to Tools > Options > Advance, click on the Network tab and in the "Offline Storage" area click on "Clear Now". Just to be safe you might also want to hit CTRL + F5 on the Facebook page which tells Firefox to override it's cache.If this doesn't help I would try deactivating any&all Add-ons one by one.And finally, as a last options you should backup (export) your bookmarks and start a new Firefox profile.http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing-profiles

4. Mulder

Different browsers will render web pages slightly differently; you have no control over that; the web page designer has far more control, by using web standards. Unfortunately, many companies (Facebook included) don't adhere to web standards.

Why don't you try another browser to see which one renders that page the best?

• Jeffery Fabish

Right, but if it only effected a single computer on the network that's no explanation.