Why can’t I see the Facebook news ticker?
Question by Osama Javaid /

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit on a Core i3 2100 with 4GB of RAM and a Nvidia video card. I can’t see the Facebook news ticker in my browsers. My friends have it on their Facebook. I am using the latest Firefox and Chrome.

Also, the Facebook chat box appears above the advertisements column on the left side of Facebook, while on my friends computers it appears on the right side.

How can I get it back to normal?

• hassan

Ticker only shows up for people with a certain level of account activity. If you don’t see ticker, it’s probably because you don’t use Facebook a lot, so there’s not enough content to make ticker useful to you.

• Jijo joseph

In my facebook account,ticker is appears on above advertisements (or above people you may know options)…..My right side column is fully blanked….in last week there was no problems… i dont know how it suddently changed…i want to my ticker is appeared on right side column with chat options( half ticker & half chat ) .i have more than 200 friends.i also use opera and mozilla…&window7…….please help me…

• rohit

if u hav more than 100 frnd…den only…ticker will apper to ur accont…otherws not

• Harte

i tried all ways too. it disappeared suddenly!!! using mozilla

• Terry

why ticker in showing in internet explorer 9 but not in latest google crome ? i m opening same account in both browsers :(

You might have installed some ad,script blocking addons that might be interfering with the loading of News ticker in Google Chrome.Try disabling those addons in Facebook or else add Facebook to whitelist in those addons.

• sadat

i had tickr in my profyl previously bt now its nt there….and i haven’t brought any change in my profyl to help vanish the tickr…then y is this ????

• Seetharaman K

All you have to do is add more friends and create the new timeline.
    Your friends count should reach 100.

• vidya sewraj

i cant see the thickernews feed no the right side of my page .i have allmost 91 frinds why i can not see tickernewsfeed

• vidya sewraj

i cant see my tickernewsfeed on the right side of my page and i have allmost 91 frinds why?. every day i use fb.

• Carmel Marie Rose

I cannot see the newsfeed ticker on the right side of my page. i recently made a new profile but i saw it on the old one….i need ur help. thanks

News ticker will appear only if you have more friends and interact with them regularly.