Why can’t I see the Facebook news ticker?

Osama Javaid February 13, 2012

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit on a Core i3 2100 with 4GB of RAM and a Nvidia video card. I can’t see the Facebook news ticker in my browsers. My friends have it on their Facebook. I am using the latest Firefox and Chrome.

Also, the Facebook chat box appears above the advertisements column on the left side of Facebook, while on my friends computers it appears on the right side.

How can I get it back to normal?

1. hassan

Ticker only shows up for people with a certain level of account activity. If you don't see ticker, it's probably because you don't use Facebook a lot, so there's not enough content to make ticker useful to you.

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=279345652077938

2. Jijo joseph

In my facebook account,ticker is appears on above advertisements (or above people you may know options).....My right side column is fully blanked....in last week there was no problems... i dont know how it suddently changed...i want to my ticker is appeared on right side column with chat options( half ticker & half chat ) .i have more than 200 friends.i also use opera and mozilla...&window7.......please help me...

3. rohit

if u hav more than 100 frnd...den only...ticker will apper to ur accont...otherws not

4. Harte

i tried all ways too. it disappeared suddenly!!! using mozilla

5. Terry

why ticker in showing in internet explorer 9 but not in latest google crome ? i m opening same account in both browsers :(

You might have installed some ad,script blocking addons that might be interfering with the loading of News ticker in Google Chrome.Try disabling those addons in Facebook or else add Facebook to whitelist in those addons.

6. sadat

i had tickr in my profyl previously bt now its nt there....and i haven't brought any change in my profyl to help vanish the tickr...then y is this ????

7. Seetharaman K

All you have to do is add more friends and create the new timeline.
    Your friends count should reach 100.

8. vidya sewraj

i cant see the thickernews feed no the right side of my page .i have allmost 91 frinds why i can not see tickernewsfeed

9. vidya sewraj

i cant see my tickernewsfeed on the right side of my page and i have allmost 91 frinds why?. every day i use fb.

10. Carmel Marie Rose

I cannot see the newsfeed ticker on the right side of my page. i recently made a new profile but i saw it on the old one....i need ur help. thanks

News ticker will appear only if you have more friends and interact with them regularly.

11. vijay sahni

i want to stop ticker and back to normal screen,it can hide,but my screen has less space.

12. Jay.0

Read this :https://www.facebook.com/KnownIssues/posts/369485763063127

:)

I read this post 2 days ago, but did not realize that it is about this same situation that we have here in this question, and "not receiving ticker notification" and  "ticker is disappeared" are both the same things

Until...

Ticker disappeared from my own profile, (which had enough friends and screen resolution!)

We are not alone, thoudands of users and facebook have confirmed the issue, and now we have to wait till facebook fixes this , and bring the ticker back.

==========================================
    How funny it is!

People wanted to remove ticker, when it was introduced, and now when it is disappeared, people are missing it !
    You value something when you lose it :D
    May be, timeline will get the same response in the future!

• Jay.0

update: ticker reappeared on my profile within an hour.

13. Karkala Nayak

Dear all,

Before trying to change the resolution of the screen. First change the size of the webpage on the browser by pressing ctrl+(-)minus.

but I don't think, changing the resolution or pressing the above stated keys would work. but give it a try..

:)

14. Jay.0

I still see some hope here,

because of the screen resolution and the laptop.
    I am sure, an old and active account like @osama89:disqus  has, will show ticker on a desktop.

Switch resolutions from display properties on laptop.
    I remember, when I tried  this, it started to show ticker on Hp mini.

15. Karkala Nayak

Check out this site where an article 
    Facebook Ticker Vanishes Due To Inactivity And Bugs is being discussed
    http://www.allfacebook.com/facebook-ticker-vanish-2011-12

I hope this helps

:)

16. Madis Otenurm

Had the opener once but then it disappeared...

Also, chat looks old when you have too low height screen (laptops, tablets etc.).

17. Karkala Nayak

Hello Osama,

Here is your answer,

"Ticker only shows up for people with a certain level of account activity. If you don't see ticker, it's probably because you don't use Facebook a lot, so there's not enough content to make ticker useful to you. "
    By Facebook..

If you like to activate ticker, then you can:

Add people you know well as friends
    Discover social apps
    Connect with Facebook Pages you like

Here is the link::
    http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=184242534997259#Why-don't-I-see-ticker-on-my-account?

I hope it helped::
    :)

• Osama

I have 58 or 59 friends, liked more than 500 pages, and use a lot of famous and authentic apps.

• Karkala Nayak

You see now Osama, Because of 58/59 friends The ticker is not available in your profile.
        Even though Facebook claims That by connecting to Facebook pages you can start off the Ticker, but that doesn't happen!. Disappointing isn't it?

Having loads of friends is the only option, according to me..Coz the rest of the options never seem to work..
        :(

Maybe Facebook believes that it is easy to monitor all your friends activities when you have little number of friends.

sorry to say brother, but I think you have to use the social network without the Ticker now, until you decide, ending up, adding random and Huge amount of people claiming to be Friends...

Have a good day
        :)

• Osama

hmmm....so that is THE POINT

• George W Bush

LOL don't go randomly adding a bunch of people all at once or else you'll get a ban on sending friend requests and messages if too many people don't respond to your requests or mark that they don't know you. Your first friend request ban is usually for about two days and it goes up each time you get another ban.

• Fatima

hey i hav 330+ frnds bt still i dun hav ticker on my profile:( how do i get it? pls tell ...and im not on timeline!

• Karkala Nayak

Hello Fatima,
          Like I have mentioned in the other posts. You need loads of friends when I had 1500+ friends(mafia war friends) then I was able to see the timeline as all these friends kept on posting and nearly There was lot of activity going on in my profile so the ticker appeared...

In your case I believe that the friends may be in large number, but they are not very active, like posting and activity etc....
          This is also a factor that I had forgotten to mention...

Ticker becomes active when the activity in your profile Tips a certain excess point(which Facebook has never cared to explain and inform its users)

Also I have read in some Facebook Blog that the Ticker is in Beta mode and has lots of Bugs and therefore Facebook has detained it from low activity(friends) profiles.

Do you Really need a Ticker? coz I have never seen a 'Life Changing' ability in that Ticker!
          :)

And Ticker doesn't need you to Get TimeLine So don't worry on that!!

My Final conclusion is::
          Try getting used to Facebook without Ticker and Wait until Facebook makes its stable version available for everyone(Don't really know when it will happen,
          Hoping it will happen soon!).

I hope that helped
          :)

Good day

AND

Sorry if I have written a LOT!!

:)

• Jay.0

The number of friends matters only when you are very less friends and a new account,
          Ticker /sidebar is visible even with the accounts with 100 friends.

Do you use a laptop ?
          If you do not see ticker/sidebar on a desktop, then you have to give up considering it a bug.

Change your monitor resolution and test.
          try 1024 x768 , 1280 x 768 166 x 900 etc.

• Karkala Nayak

Also forgot to mention that Facebook and its services are never associated with you computer hardware. Facebook is a Different case and your computer specification is a different case so If you experiance any problems on Facebook then there is no need of describing your RAM and Nvidia Video card OK...

Just wanted to inform you on that
        :) 

• Osama

nah, actually I thought it's some screen resolution issue....lol

18. Tita

I cannot see my ticker FB browser Explorer or Mozilla :( do you know if FB stopped it

• Jay.0

Were you previously able to see ticker ?

Did you hide it by mistake ?http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/212/7420/original.jpg

Ticker will not be displayed,  If you have less friends or you are not a regular user.

• Tita

Well i read the messages I hace almost 1000 and my ticker dessapaer any way

• Karkala Nayak

Hello Tita,
        Make sure you have not installed any add-on like Facebook Ticker removal or any other add-on or any kind of extensions or Facebook related software..
        If you have then uninstall it then try accessing you profile.

:)

• Tita

r/y Karkala, you know last night start working again.. :) a;ll day fine.. but, know no more ticker :(((( I sent a bug report ..let's see what happens now.. thank you dear.

19. Osama

correction* = 
    above the advertisements column on the RIGHT side.

• Jay.0

Do you see an icon like this above the ads ? which hides the ticker.
      Were you previously able to see the ticker ?
      If it's related to your profile, it will show the same thing, on all the computers.

How much friends do you have on your list ? 50+ or 100+ ?
      Because @makeuseof-6967a5fb05106806a40c6917a18023df:disqus  is right.
      Accounts with less friends does not have ticker and also the list of friends on chat is displayed on the left side.

• George W. Bush

I don't have the ticker either. I once had it when I first started using the profile, but then it disappeared. I now have 62 friends. Before that, I had a lot less. I have another page with 107 friends and that one has a ticker.