Why have some of my Facebook messages been reported as spam?

Ahmed Ali August 24, 2012

I am seeing this error message in Facebook:

Some of your messages have been reported as spam. To avoid getting blocked, make sure your messages are in line with the Facebook Community Standards. The block will be active for 29 days and 6 hours more.

What is this. How it can be?

1. komail jan

why i comments have been reported as spam

2. nada almarzoky

i have a problem with Some of your comments have been reported as spam. To avoid getting blocked again, make sure your posts are in line with the Facebook Community Standards this i see it every time please give me a suluotion how can i fix it

3. Ally Mdee

i have problem some of messages have been reported as spam

4. Sumaiya

you have some haters

5. venkatp16

It is because someone has reported your post "as spam". If FB gets this kind of report they will block all your further posts or send a mail to you

If you believe that your messages are not spam and I do say IF. then complain to FaceBook and see what they say, but I think in all honesty that PirateBay links will be against their policy.

7. Silviu Despa

It's because you have added some links in your message and facebook doesn't allow them. The strange thing is that only a few websites are blocked and marked as spam by facebook.... try to use a url shortening website, it worked for me.

8. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Or you send messages which sound like promoting something, or another 'spammy' sounding context. If you think you don't you might want to check your account. It might be compromised and being used to spam other members. Alternatively, check what apps are connected to your account and what privileges they have.

9. Aditya Roy

an another reason could be you sending same msg to lot of people.
    specially if those people are not in your friend list, in that case fb considers it spam.

• Aditya Roy

Another reason can be your facebook friend requests are blocked.
      In some cases msgs also get blocked along with it. Specially if its not yours first block.

10. Erlis Dhima

Sorry, I forgot..
    They changed their domain to .se now!
    So, its: http://thepiratebay.se/

11. Erlis Dhima

Maybe your messages contain some links?
    It happened to me when I wanted to send a link from http://www.thepiratebay.me/ .
    Also, that may happen, if the other person you sent the message, wants to delete the message, but can't and marks it as a spam.. (I'm not quite sure about this. But this is the thing I think...)