What can I do when my Facebook ID was hacked?

Zeeshan July 18, 2010

My Facebook ID has been hacked. How can I make it secure again?

1. barjinder singh

my id hacked ..plesae tell me what i can do ...please its urgent

2. Nooty emoic boii

My paswrd has changed n my yahoo a/c was deactivate so what can i do

3. SaadUllah

My ID Is Hack
    Please Help Me

4. pallavi surwade

my id is hack an this guy make a new id to my name an copy my all details an my profile picture so please tell me what is solution.

5. aiyous

My id is a hack

6. rahul arora

my id is hack how can i get my password

7. Susendeep Dutta

Firstly, try to reset the password by following the steps mentioned in the article link below -

http://www.techshortly.com/2011/12/how-to-recover-hacked-facebook-account.html

Make your password strong enough by using combination of words,letters and special characters.It can also be made much stronger by using upper and lower case letters too.

then,if password resetting doesn't works for you,submit account compromised form by following the steps mentioned in the article link below -

http://enzag.com/technology/social-networking/recover-hacked-facebook-account/

8. ' Maida Bombek

Hi My name is Maida Bombek.. My account was hacked.. they changed my username and password.. I was beable to get the account back but under other user name.. I tried to change it to my original username but I couldnt .. there are no option to do this.. Can you help me.. please Im so sceard,,Thank youV much.. Im waiting for an answer asap..

9. Am Alone

Please help me my face book ID has been hacked while my email has also been changed on my ID.. plzzzplzzzzzplzzz

• Susendeep Dutta

Follow the steps mentioned in above comments.

10. Sukanshika

please help me..my facebook account has been hacked....and my friends are getting vulger messages from my id ....please help me..i had used my own pic on it

11. Pumpft-Humpft

My ID has been changed; now I can't change it back to my original ID. Please can help me.  Thanks

I recommend clicking the 'Forgot your password?' link in the top right corner of the Facebook front page. This will guide you through steps to recover your account. You can also report your account as being compromised. But maybe you can still recover it, if the person that hacked it didn't change some of your profile information.

12. gaurav saraswat

somebody is using my account n he read all my personal msgs..... tell me how to save my account from him.... plzzzzzzzzz help me

13. Nikkiedrummond

hi i cant get into my other facebook account it is saying that i am temporily locked and i follow the instructions and it does not recover my account, at the end of doing every thnig it says "Sorry something went wrong".... Please tell me why it is doing this and please contact me back A.S.A.P. nikkiedrummond@yahoo.com.au

Nikkie,

I recommend to consult with the Facebook Help Center. It might be a temporary issue. In any case, it's difficult to solve this here.

Nikkie,

14. Sikanderk

plzz help me my fb a/c password is not work

• Susendeep Dutta

Have you tried the tips mentioned in the above comments?Please follow it as it will be helpful to you.

15. Anojsemwal212

some one using my facebook id which been hacked by some one so how can me get a my facebook a/c id back..

16. lm

someone keeps sendind "wanna laugh" on the chat to everybody who logs in, what can i do?

17. lm

18. shivani

some one is using my gmail id for facebook with another name and password what to do?

19. Megha arora

my facebook id was hacked. actually email was changed by hacked person, so wat can i do

Follow the advice above. Check the Facebook Help Center, follow all steps, try everything.

20. Tobias

My facebook and email have been hacked. They have also changed my security question answers. I have tried everything. Nothing is working... HELP!!

Tobias,

did you really try all the steps that Facebook provides to recover your account? For example, have you registered more than one email address with Facebook and did you try to re-gain access using all of them? Or did you try to enter the names of friends to identify yourself?

If you did all that, go to the Help section and ask the question how you can re-gain access to your account mentioning your user ID and your current / valid email address. You won't get a direct answer, but if you ask the question over and over, someone might take notice and at least terminate the account or help you restore it.

21. Harmandhindsa90

my id is also hacked........i don t know it was deleted or not.first day when it was hacked... it was not open .the only my profile pictre was seen.bt the secnd day it was not seen yet. so what can i do for getting myid back...

Please try the suggestions above or submit a new question. Thank you!

22. Sswarnima17

my facebook password has been changed! plz tell me how to acess my account once again?

Sswarnima,

did you try the suggestions above? You can regain access to your Facebook account if your email wasn't changed, if you can answer questions about your friends etc. Please take the 'forgot password' route and report that your account was possibly hacked to Facebook.

23. jitendra singh morya

haii, my friend's facebook id is hacked, what i do remove the problem

Jitendra,

did your friend try any of the advice above? That's what you can do to remove the problem. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

24. Sdeepika

hey tina hez changed everything .......he thinks his gf is doing all these nthing is wrking plzzzzz help

Sdeepika,

your only hope is to get in touch with Facebook and report that the account was hijacked.

Check out this page in the Facebook Help Center.

• Susendeep Dutta

Then inform all of your friends present in your Facebook profile to unfriend you and tell them that the account is been hacked.Create a new account , setup password using combination of words,letters and special characters.and take all necessary steps to make sure that your account remains same from hackers by -

How To Prevent & Remove Facebook Malware or Virus -

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/prevent-remove-facebook-malware-or-virus/

25. Sdeepika

heya guys my frndz id has been hacked and there are bad wrds displaying ...the hacker has changed the password wat shuld i do plzzzz reply

Sdeepika,

please follow the advice given above. The incident has to be reported to Facebook.

Your friend might be able to get the account back by reporting a 'forgotten password' and changing it using his eMail address or any secondary eMail address he registered with Facebook. Maybe the hackers didn't change it. Good luck!

• Sdeepika

hey tina tats nt working coz he has changed evrything

26. Himanshurecent

I think my facebook password was hack because few days ago, my friends list was 190 and now it consistently going down. In 3-4 days my friends list is 127. I have taken all the measures suggested by everyone.

I hope you changed your password. Is it possible that people delete you from their friends list? Or that their accounts have been suspended?

Did you write a general message to your friends or post on your wall what your suspicion is and that you don't want to defriend anyone? At least that would alert your remaining friends and avoid hard feelings.

If this problem continues, feel free to post a new question. You might get some more input from the general crowd.

27. Weesmurfie

my emailadress and facebook account has been hacked and dont ken wot too do

If the suggestions above don't help, you should post a new question. Please describe what has happened to your Facebook account, i.e. how do you think it was hacked, what symptoms do you see, can you still access it, was it blocked etc.

• Hussainbinomer

what should i do if my facebook username and passward does not works...even my friends cant able to se me in there friends list..i removed from there add list..plz suggest..

• Jack Cola

Try resetting your password here: https://www.facebook.com/recover.php It seems like your account has been deleted on deactivated (or possibly your account has been suspended)

• rajat gupta

my and mine cosins id is  posting a dirty video that i never seen an my frnds also gets mssgs from my account that i had not sended them and friends are complaining me.
        wen i go to that video and click to watch it , it is not running and getting uploaded on my facebook again and again

• Susendeep Dutta

Its a case that someone has gained access to your account password and is trying to defame you or else it might have been caused due to a malicious Facebook app which is doing such activities.

http://lightpointsecurity.com/content/guide-to-removing-malicious-apps-from-your-facebook-account

Never try to click on those videos and any other links you suspect.Its better to install Internet security suites from companies like Avast,AVG and Kaspersky to prevent any such incidents in future.

• Susendeep Dutta

If both your email and Facebook account has been hacked then the reason might be that you were using same password for both.All you have to do is reset the password with stronger one of both the accounts and try to get full control of it.

How to Recover and Reset Gmail (Google Account) Password -

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-recover-and-reset-gmail-google-account-password/

For hotmail -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/hacked-account-faq

How to recover hacked Facebook account -

http://techably.com/recover-hacked-facebook-account/4766/

When you say that your Facebook ID has been hacked, I thought you mean that your unique ID has been hacked which has a number like 138904136133471.

Make sure you tick in Account Settings --> Account security, that is ticked so you know every device that will access your Facebook profile. If you see one that you don't know, delete it and change your password.

If you still have access to the account, follow the steps that Ryan has suggested above and you will be back on your feet. If, however, you no longer have access to your account, make a report to the Facebook team at the link below:
    http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=1023

30. Ryan Dube

First - it may not have been hacked, you may have clicked that "keep me logged in" on the login page at a public (or semi-public) location. First, obviously, change your password to something very difficult for someone to guess. Second, the thing I tell everyone who has had this happen is to *always* make sure that box is never selected, particularly if they are checking Facebook at a library or Internet cafe. The next person who gets on the computer and goes to Facebook will instantly be on your account if you don't.

• Rohittpathak

or u can get back your id by using primary mail account...