What can I do if my Facebook group was hacked?

kiran October 11, 2011

1. Aemal

I have a group in facebook but it is hacked by someone please advise.

2. RD

we have multiple groups on fb (part of a grassroots movement) we allowed two individuals in each state to be admins and we have a states that has now removed individuals from the "national" level as admins and only have themselves as admins. how do we regain control of the group. the state admins for the group are not the ones who created the group is there a way to get around them by using the email account the group was set up in - because they have no idea about that & can't access that email/fb account that set up the group? can you please help me somehow figure out a way to do this??

3. Jay.0

Only admin can help you,
    never make others admin, if you cant trust them.

• Sb

I was the ONLY Admin of my group.
      New person hacked into my account, let me add him as a friend and to the group, and then UN-Admined me. so now he is in complete control.

• Jay.0

Change your password.
        I don't think you can get the group back without himself or access to his account.

Ask your friends to leave the group, and share this news with other members.

Create a new group and add them all, and the hacker will be alone in the group.

4. krishna

I created a Secret group in facebook before an year and appointed some members as admin. But yesterday i realised that one of the ADMIN to whome i provided authority to maintain group removed everyone from the admin post including me and mede him alone as ADMIN. I need my GROUP in my hold again as before. Plz Suggest me Idea to get back my group..

• Jay.0

Never make others admins of a group you created, especially if it's a secret group.

Now only he or his facebook account can make you the admin, if you can convince him,
      (once he does it, remove him as admin or from the group and become the only admin)

Right now it's not your group anymore, you are just a member, and if he removes you, you will not be able to even see the group.

else create a new group, and do not make others admin, who can do such things.

• krishna

Ya bro thats what the big mistake i made. So am just waiting  for the replayfromfacebook team. Thx for ur replay bro

• Jay.0

I am not sure, facebook can help you with this.

You can tell others to leave the group and leave the admin alone with it.

Create new group and add all the members.

5. Suraj5078

if ur fb id was hacked thn go to fb website..give ur email address..thn type ur old password..if ur id was not open ..next step..click 2 forgot password..after few process ur reset password was snd ur gmail account..check mail..and reseat ur password..wish u best of luck

6. Pratibhabakshi

what can i do when my facebook id was hacked

• Jay.0

Change your password.
      Do you still have access to your account?

if password is changed:

First check if your old email is being used on your account or changed?

you can recover it if the hacker has not changed the email.

http://www.facebook.com/recover.php
      Enter your email.
      and send password reset code your email inbox.
      click on the link in your inbox and reset the password.

If the email is changed, then you will have to use security question or mobile number if available.

If you can't recover, you can report your old account to be cancelled or recovered from a new account with the same name.

7. Jerichardson248

My account has been hacked. How do I find out who and how can I assure that it woin't be hacked agaon.

• Jeff

Hi Jerichardson,

This question is rather old. To recieve maximum support, please open up a new question.

- Jeff

do you still have the access to your account ?
      if not recover password by clicking forgot password, enter your email idand get a password reset link.

change your password first.
      make it 15 characters long, with alphabets, numbers and speical characters, don't share it with anybody.

install security software, so key loggers cannot steal your password.

always use https.
      go to account security and enable it

always check the url of your page, if it is really facebook or a phishing page.

go to account security and enable login notifications on text and email
      https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security#!/settings?tab=security&section=notifications&t

it will notify you if anyone logs in to your account. 

check if you have login approvals on your account.
      enable them, it will ask for a code sent to your phone if someone log into your account with a new device.

I think this is enough to secure your account.

contact cyber cops, or try to find out yourself with some traps for the hacker.

8. Mjevolve

was the group associated with an account or was it a standalone just a group .

nothing much can be done , just change the passwords and try making some secure one . a random non dictionary password .

and do this from now -

reset the password of the account associated with it , if there was one .

enable HTTPS always in your facebook settings .

avoid accessing Facebook through public hot spots .

dont accept friend requests from strangers .

be very sure before trying a new app on face book .

be very sure before clicking on links posted by friends .

install a link scanner like WOT , or Norton Safe Web , which will warn you of unsafe links .

tell if you need more help 

If it was just your group (as apposed to your account as well), I'm afraid there is very little you can do. Groups that had been compromised over the design flaw were forced to just create new groups.

were you the admin ? who is the admin now ?
    you can post a link to your group here ? was it a closed or public group?