Why did Facebook create a new account when I wanted to change my email address?
Question by Dawn Swick Kolenda /

I recently changed my email address on Facebook because I no longer have access to the original email I signed up with. My new email on Facebook created a new account and I want my old account back, using my new email. All my contacts, games, and apps are gone that I worked for over 3 years to get. How do I get my original account back?

I answered the security question and had to wait 24 hours before I could sign in. I was told to sign in with my new email address and password, but I did not get my original account. It started my all over and that is not what I wanted. Please help me.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , .
Awesome Websites
Awesome Websites
Best Anonymity Tools
Best Anonymity Tools
Deep Web Communities
Deep Web Communities
WhatsApp Tips
WhatsApp Tips
Online Security Tips
Online Security Tips
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Tips for Privacy Obsessed
Facebook Q&A
Facebook Q&A
Best Music Services
Best Music Services

• philip romano

i was forced by verizon, to use a different e-mail address and password. when i tried to gain assess to my facebook account, it wouldn’t open. i wound up accidentally opening another account. to make a long story short, i have my old account, with everything on it, and not able to get in, and a new account with the ability to get in, with nothing on it. how do i get into the old one that i had?

• Jay.0

Retry recovery process.

If this does not work,

visiting your old account from new account and select
    “I want to recover my old account” option.
    when you click on continue,
    you will see a message :

“To recover your account, you will be logged out of your current account:

You will be able to log back into this account after you’ve completed the recovery process.”

(I have not tested further)

• angie clayton

i have no idea why my account was disalbled!!! please help

• Douglas Mutay

Sorry for all this. I know what you talking about. I had the same issue once and contacted fb. It took very long time for them to even respond and provide solution.
    By the time they responded i have already opened another account with the same name and just had to login my previous account and delete it. So, be patient after you contact fb and good luck!

• Naveen Kumar

you cant change your primary email address if you do so it will create an another account only

• Yiz Borol

You have to contact facebook tech support.
    https://www.facebook.com/help/181495968648557/