Why is Facebook confusing personal and business Places page?

Steven Brier December 24, 2010

A client has an active long standing personal Facebook page. Recently, she added her business to a Places page and quickly got a bunch of Fans, a custom FB URL and a sign-in problem. Client shares Admin with me.

Here is the problem: When she signs into the Business Places Page it takes here to her personal account. So there are two problems:
1) When she signs into the business account she ends up in personal.
2) When she accesses the admin panel from Account drop down all business related activity ends up in personal.

When there is business emails or communication that too ends up in personal.

How to separate them? Thanks in advance.

1. IslandCoffee_75

Maybe your friend is using the same contact email address for both accounts and neds to separate business from pleasure :-).

Also Facebook must have some linkage system in place.One would not expect that a business would have to post or be connected to "Places " that I am currently at. So maybe thats where it all went awry.I think that's the reason for the "Places" app.To tell your friends where you physically are. It's a two -edged sword because on one hand those people now know of her business place= Advertisement and now it's only for her to get them over to the Business of itself, whether it is a physical structure or an online business.

So I think the best bet would be to use separate email addresses 1/Business and 2/Personal.

Hope this helps.

You know, speaking of facebook, here’s something I think you may like to know that I picked up today: http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/showlink.aspx?bookmarkid=KU8DMYRICWK1&preview=article&linkid=686a6930-d5a4-497b-9358-25e98d75b041&pdaffid=ZVFwBG5jk4Kvl9OaBJc5%2bg%3d%3d

Well, the more you know :}