Why has Facebook blocked my friend without my permission?

Jillian December 23, 2011

My best friend posted a photo and tagged me in it. I looked at the photo, and that was the last I’ve seen of her name!! Her name that was once in my profile is now blacked out and there is no longer a link to her profile. In our messages her photo is now a blank photo, and I cant find her in search! She was so mad I deleted and blocked her, but shes not in my blocked list!!! I cannot find the link to contact Facebook and I’m pretty frustrated by this because shes pretty much the only reason I even use Facebook! Does anyone have any solution?

1. angeline tarampi

what if somebody blocked my Facebook account then i don't have done wrong to him/her...what can i do ? :(

2. Friency

I got the same problem. I thought my friend blocked me but when I asked him he said he didn't. Is it automatic? then he removed me from his blocked list but the next day I'm blocked again! What the heck is happening?

3. Robyn Hill

I didn't do anything wrong and why my friend blocked me, when I saw the picture and I comment to him nice and then someone comment to him. I remove my message and like. Now he is blocked me and how to get my friend back? I am deaf woman here. I remember he said to me on chat say I am feel bored and not enough message.

4. ANON

the exact same thing happened facebook has blocked me from my brothers facebook i would like to know why as it has caused a massive arguement between me and him causing the rest of the family to argue

• Rachel

ANON,
      One of you may have blocked the other by accident. You should therefore both check your Block List: Home -> Privacy Settings -> Blocked People and Apps. If you are in your brother's Block List (or he in your’s) then you will both be invisible to each other until removed.

• chris

is it possible that it was done automatically? it happened to my friend and i a couple of days ago! it's weird.

5. Emily

Facebook blocked me and my friend from each other also! and we don't know what 2 do 2 unblock!

• Rachel

You both need to check your Block List: Home -> Privacy Settings -> Blocked People and Apps. If you are in your friend's Block List (or they are in your's) then you will both be invisible to each other until removed.

• Danny

my best friend too our account are both OK and in the morning either us can message to each other. he given me his username and psw to check and eithe one of us not in the block list. How could this be happened?

6. mark

same happened to me. Now we can't see each other. We are not on each others block list. Facebook has a bug

• Rachel

Mark, Have you actually seen your friend's Block List? Go to Home -> Privacy Settings -> Blocked People and Apps.

7. Tapan rath

Why does Facebook block me for 30 days when I make friend requests?

• Jay.0

Because you sent many requests to people, and many of them were not accepted.

Now when you will be unblocked after 30 days,
      send less requests, and add only those who will accept your request.
      Rejected and pending requests will continue blocking your send request option.

8. Theprophet 2010

Yesterday this exact same thing happened to me and my best friend. We both checked our block lists and we are not in each others lists. And we know for a fact we didn't block each other.

Mystery !
      what about the possibility of lying ?
      Eg. if I block my friend, and lie that it automatically blocked each other and nothing is there on my block list.

Not questioning your friendship.
      because I heard it just the second time, and not anywhere else.
      Just making sure that it actually happened,
      so we can think about the other possibilities, if there are any.

Did you see his/her block list ?
      what was the last interaction ? was it the same as above ? your friend tagged you ? or you tagged him/her ?

before taking decision, check carefully Facebook game rules to not end up losing connections. Hard to return back to previous state, Facebook dont support save and restore solution.

What are you talking about,  Ha? which decision ?
      and what is the connection of game rules?

before taking decision, check carefully Facebook game rules to not end up losing connections.
      Hard to return back to previous state, Facebook dont support save and
      restore solution

"She was so mad I deleted and blocked her"

It is just a matter of unblocking, or adding back.
          even if you delete and block someone or get delted or blocked..
          nothing like
          end up losing connections. Hard to return back to previous state, Facebook dont support save and restore solution

Maybe she blocked *you*?

The last time, you saw her when she tagged you
    Do you have tag review turned on ?
    because this option has the also the option of blocking the person who tagged you.
    May be you accidentally blocked her.
    or she did it by mistake somehow.

I have never witnessed automatic blocking.

better you both check your lock lists.
    if she has not deactivated her profile.

https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy
    click on manage blocking.