Why does Facebook block me for 30 days when I make friend requests?

Martin November 18, 2011

I’m getting tired of Facebook blocking me for thirty days when I send a friend request. I know this happens when you send requests to strangers, but I know this person! We even have friends in common, but Facebook always asks “Do you know this person?”, then it logs out my account and when I log in again I’m blocked for a month…

Is there any way to cancel this? A hacker trick or something? I’m so p***. I can’t wait that long. It’s so unfair…

1. naveen

i’m getting tired of Facebook blocking me for thirty days when I send a friend request. I know this happens when you send requests to strangers, but I know this person! We even have friends in common, but Facebook always asks “Do you know this person?”, then it logs out my account and when I log in again I’m blocked for a month…
    plz help me

2. Bob

Half the people who recieve "friends requests" should be glad anybody cares enough about them to even send one. Is it really such an inconvience even if you don't know them?? Who freakin' cares, it's a SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE. Ever look up the definition of SOCIAL?? It means to be around or meet other people. I suppose you think these people with 3000+ 4000+ 5000+ friends actually know all of them?? Why are you getting blocked when you probably less than 500 friends?? (Unless of course your one of narcissistic women who have to put cleavage shots up daily just so all the losers on there tell them how great they look). Are you really worried someone's going to be "stalking" you from a freaking FB friends request?? I mean really?? Are you constantly looking out the window worried that some dewf off FB is going to care enough to actually stalk you?? If that's the case you need help. It doesn't say it's some sort of a Business Networking Site where it's clients only, If you can't handle someone sending you a "friends request" don't be on FB, pathetic babies.

3. rohan

4. samar patra

my facebook friend requst is block for 30 dayas.how to unblock my friend request.

5. zEeShi

it's happend when you send a request to stanger nd that user block you in this condittion your account hacked and block for a month...

6. zEeShi

it's happend when you send a request to stanger nd that user block you in this condittion your account hacked...

7. Mahfooz Sonu

pls help me my face book freinds request blocked pls help me

8. mukesh singh

i have not sent a many frnd request why you block for 30 days

• Susendeep Dutta

You might have been blocked by someone.

9. Khizar Husain

how to remove friend request blocked for 30 days

10. deepti

when i make the send friend request i can't wait for long time.

11. Robert

i don,t have to make friend requests. but facebook won,t let me in to talk with existing friends.

12. Edw ard

Please help me, i have sended too many friend requests to strangers. The facebook has shown me notification like' do you know the person' but after sometime when i wanted to post or comment someone a error massage comes then when i send messages also the error massage comes. then When i closed my browser and re-opens it and tried to log in it doesnt show anything. It just shows a white page. When i tried it with other browsers then also it doesn't opens. So please suggest me what can i do. Please reply fast please please please

• Susendeep Dutta

You must not do this next time.Facebook imposes limits on every feature that you access and if you cross it,it blocks you temporarily for sometime.So,wait for few days.

Hello, try not to send to many invitations in a short period of time.

13. John Sebring

Well obviously you've done something wrong. Just admit it, you've been friend request spamming people trying to rack up your friend count to look all popular and cool. It's your own fault, so stop whining about it and suck it up. Is it so hard to wait a month?

14. Ramona Rena

Got blocked last night for the 6th time getting pretty pissed off about it now as i really do know these friends

15. Paul

It always happens to me when i add people that i know, then keep getting block for a month

16. Savitri Rangaswami

No. I am fully aware of the terms and policy. How can i open facebook or you do not blog any of my friends requests. Let them chat. If anything goes wrong i will report.

17. Savitri Rangaswami

My facebook account is blocked for more than five days. My notification from my own friends are being received. If i send msgs to them or add even one it says "account is blocked" everytime. Many friends are waiting. please open my facebook account.

• Savitri Rangaswami

Please 0pen my facebook account. My friends are sending waiting which i know thrm. pl help.

• Savitri Rangaswami

No. All of them have accepted my request and waiting to chat with me. Pleasewith my friend open it immediately. If I try to chat even to my friends who were already included, i am unable to chat. Please open my facebook account. Is it not my right to ask.

• Savitri Rangaswami

No no no no no no no no no no .......... I am not satisfied of the reply. Now already 3 days had gone. Why these things happen everytime.

• Susendeep Dutta

Firstly,have some patience,it's required for having your account to get unblocked.If you keep commenting like this, you risk your account getting terminated.

How to Access Facebook -

18. syed hassan raza

i have a 30 days blockage on friend request plz help me..!

19. Uddipta

Please i got 30 days block facebook help

20. Bisikeshan bhal

Please i got 30 block face book help

21. Steven Montiel

Please I got 30 day block Facebook Help.

22. Dinesh yadav

Send friend request block by 7 day remove help

23. Dinesh yadav

Send friend request block by 7 day please removing help

24. Michael Gimson

@ Kyle Stephens, I don't think so. A majority of the times that I tried to send friend requests before the block ended, Facebook wouldn't let me. However, a couple times, I managed to somehow sneak by and the friend requests went through during the block, but I somehow got VERY lucky by being able to do that. I wouldn't count on that happening very often.

25. Rainbow shy

I got 7 days with out sending friend request

26. Michael Gimson

It doesn't start off as 30 days the first time. It starts off as 2 days the first time you get blocked, then it expands to 4 days the second time around that you get blocked, then 7 days the third time around, then 14 days the fourth time around, and then finally, it goes to 30 days the fifth time. A little over a year ago, I managed to get to the 30 day block within a course of about 5 or 6 months. When I got to the 30 day block on the fifth time being blocked, Facebook warned me that it was my final warning, and that if it continues, I would still get to keep my account, but I COULD lose the right to send any additional friend requests, but it's basically up to Facebook's discretion. After several months went by, I managed to get blocked AGAIN, but it started all over again on the 2-day block. So it looks like Facebook didn't follow through with their warning. Facebook also told me to email them and let them know if they've made a mistake and if so, explain how. I did just that. I emailed Facebook and told Facebook that I sent a friend request to someone I actually know, but hadn't seen in about 8 years since high school, and that person didn't remember me, and must have reported me. Facebook told me thank you for letting them know. I shall receive an email response shortly, but I never got one. There was also a time when I ACCIDENTALLY sent a friend to someone I don't know, someone with the same full name as a girl I know from high school with the last name Smith, a very common name. I'm in the U.S., but I sent a friend request to someone with the same full name in Canada. Surprisingly, she accepted my friend request. After I found out it was a different girl with the same full name, I defriended her. The best thing to do when sending someone you know a friend request is probably to send that person a message and tell him/her who you are, so in case he/she doesn't remember you, you can help refresh his/her memory. Of course, there's always the possibility that people don't accept messages from people who aren't friends with them, depending on how they have their accounts set up.

• Kyle Stephens

is there a way to get rid of the block early?

• Susendeep Dutta

You can prevent yourself from getting blocked is to have a good track record and don't use any Facebook feature too much as there's a limit imposed on it which Facebook doesn't specify.

• Jinyoung

It's been two days already today is actually my third...and I'm still blocked from sending friend requests...what do I do?

27. Renju Rajan

How to remove facebook friend request blocked for 30 days

28. Deepak

Ths is unfair to me when i snd a request to 5 person simontanously then my friend request is blocked 4 30 days. There is no solution for it

• Susendeep Dutta

Do not send many request in a single day as Facebook has imposed limit on how much you can use a feature.You've been blocked temporarily and will be able to send request after sometime depending on Facebook.

29. Ranjit shinde

how to remove facebook friend request blocked for 30 days

30. dimpi

Recently i was trying to send friend request to my known friends but its was showing i cannot send request for 4 days. Could you suggest me any solution for this problem.

• kabir joshi

Yes i can help u!
      Bcoz if we send frnd request even a known person we can be blocked.
      To remove dis problem we have to come around the circle "people you may know"
      then we cand send frnd request even a unknown person

• Susendeep Dutta

You've been temporarily blocked for 4 days and you must wait for getting yourself unblocked.

Please everyone, stop whining about how you've been blocked for asking to be friends with many people you don't know. If anyone does that to me on Facebook, I block them, AND flag them for spamming. This has happened to many of you by the sounds of it. It's your own fault. I'm closing this comment thread because the topic is officially resolved. 

32. salman ahmed

y facebook block me friend request for 30 days ~!!! 
    my friend request is blocked in 30 day plz unblock plzzzzzzzzzzz ... to some known people they blocked me 3 times in 90 days.... i was block 1 month ago.. and i was block b4 one month ago and i was also block 2 months ago 4 30 days... that's not fair....:( unblock me. other wise i will leave fb........in 3 months. i was blocked for 90 days.....? why:( i have done nothing...facebook help me.

We are not Facebook.

If you spam friend requests, you will be blocked. Is that difficult to understand? 

33. Sunilsekhliya

pls stop that kind of privacy facebook

34. Sdedmon19

When I add friends that friends have suggested to me, will I get blocked? I now have 250 friends that have been suggested to me.. Can I click the "Add Friend" without getting blocked?

• Jay.0

Yes, it will be the same thing.
      Doesn't matter, friends you add were suggested to you or not,

Add only those who will not reject or keep your request pending.

Funny thing is:
      Facebook : here are some people you may know.
      (add one of them.)
      Facebook: Do you know this person ?

35. Nightwing0017

I found a useful way if your trying to add the person and that is poking cause they will either add you or poke u back it's quite helpful.

36. Gibsonmia

and it is stupid and i wish i can add friends soon and it makes me so angry

• Jay.0

Cancel pending requests, and stop trying to send requests for  some time.

Follow this instructions to not get blocked in the future.

Once you are unblocked, add only those who will accept your request,
      Do not add known on unknown persons who may not accept your request.
      Be patient and less frequent.
      Do not forget to cancel pending requests if you do not get any response.

37. Gibsonmia

this us a pain in the butt i am tired of not being able to make new friends i can not take this any more

38. Martin

Ok, thanks for your answers but... Is there a way to cancel the 30 days punishment??? Anything? I can't wait a whole month!

no you have to wait to add strangers,
      if they are mutual friend, you can talk to them offline or mutual friends can suggest you to others to add you, and inform about your friend request block.

even if you send a message and ask to add to someone who is not your friend, it is possible that they will never notice your message, as your message will go to to others section if you have sent message to the person for the first time.

• Gogood8

if I send message to strangers without friend request, is it possible that FB block me from sending more message?

Yes, they will block your messages just like requests.

But it depends on the amount of the sent messages and the frequency, I dont know about the exact amount, but I know it happens.

It may not be as strict as the request limits.

but still do not send a message to every profile you see !

Recently there was a problem with new settings:
          when you send a message to a non-friend it will go to others section, instead of inbox.
          so the person will not notice the message,

but I think facebook changed it,
          because it showed me an alert when a mutual friend sent me a message. it reached my inbox.

• Gogood8

thanks Jay, I see now that if too many requests sent have gone unanswered or reported as unwelome(unknown), then the sender willl be blocked. If someone send 100 request in a short time and all be accepted, then no problem.FB does have a very smart way to judge, haha

yes, frequency and number of usages are the parameters.
          Send requests less frequently,
          even if they are accepted,

Make sure you have less than 5 requests pending when you add someone.
          Cancel rest of the requests by yourself, to be on a safe side.

• Gogood8

Hi, Jay, thank you very much. and Happy new year 2012. I am so happy that you kindly answer my questions patiently. I will be more than happy if we friend eachother on FB. my name is Michael Zhang, and username is gogood8. Since I am blocked for 7 days from today, I can not add. Do please add me  :)  

Ok, I was not accepting faceboook requests before this,

But now I have set up a profile for you guys, as this is the second time I got a friend request here.

Anyone is free to add.

But the page will be more active than the profile.

You are added :)
          Happy new year !

• muotechguy

What would be the point of a 30-day punishment if you could just cancel it? Please, think logically about these things. 

You should probably just stop spamming friend requests to people, regardless of whether you actually know them or not. For it to have got to the point that facebook feels the need to block you… well, you must have pissed off a lot of users, I guess.  

As you know when you send too many request to strangers and most of your ewquests are not accepted, your sending request option is blocked, bow it does not matter , the person you want to send request is known or unknown.
    it is because of what you did in the past.
    it is because of the sent and pending requests.Once you see the message , "do you know this person?"
    you should stop sending requests for some days and wait till your pending request are accepted, or cancel pending requests.
    if you continue trying to add friends after you see the message without waiting for the previous pending request to be cleared or canceled, canceling or accept, you will be logged out and blocked.

for now, All you can do is asking the person to send you request.
    and this will be easy as you know the person.
    if you can't contact without facebook, and if you can't wait for 30 days,
    create a new account , and when the request is accepted from the new account, suggest your friend to add your old account, or ask then in message or chat to do so.

be calm after 30 days to avoid one more month.

• Maritesshogan

Thanks for the tips! I was blocked for 2 days . Well I guess I have to wait for another week before I request people!

Yes, you will be able to add people again.
        Once you are unblocked,
        Add only those who will accept your request, whether you know them or not.
        Then you will have no pending or rejected requests, and no such problems hopefully :)

• kumarachal

Thanks bro' you cleared my confusion.

• Whizy Readz

Thnx for the info. Ill be more carefull next time

• medo

thx man but this answer is not useful for me iam blocked for 30 days and i have no any pending friend request and all of friend request that i sent had been accepted