What can I do if my Facebook account was hacked?
Question by Alisha Moichha Stha /

I was chatting with a friend, then unnecessary message were sent to him, which means other than me someone else was using my Facebook. But I have not given my password to anyone. Automatically, I was logged out of Facebook. When I tried to log in with the old password, it said my password was changed, which means somebody has changed it. It asked me my security code, but I don’t know it either. Please help!

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Rodney Alan Hamilton

I have been hacked twice again. I would like to know who did ruin my Facebook. Can you help me searching someone who uses my password.

It’s better to recover your account rather than trying to track the person.Facebook might have been keeping track of those remote IP activities done under your account which they might never reveal to you.

Report your compromised account to Facebook –

• geisha

my account on fb was automatically logged out in the middle of my tagging of pics
    and it said that my account was deactivated without my consent nor i didnt do it either
    i changed my password but then it says i need to verify
    how and where can i verify to revive my account???
    please help

What any other message does it displays to verify your account? Does it provide any links?

• Golden Pearl

please help me… i want come back my facebook account.

• Usman Mubashir

if you know the password of your email address which is integrated to your fb account, there is hope, click forgot your password on facebook, give them your email and you should be able to receive an email from facebook by which you can reset your password. Also you can search your account once you log into the facebook and check ip and rough address of the place from where your fb account was last accessed

• Jayen Lapez

Hey Dude, howdy? You’re so lucky.
    To start with, too bad for you that your account was hacked, but don’t worry, we’re here to help you. Better to make another account for you to start again because there is no problem if your account is hacked and you just have to explain to your friends all about this and there is nothing will gonna lost from you..
    It is more advantage if you will start again in order for you to correct all those mistakes that you’ve done. A better advice, never left and share your passwords of your account again.. Okay ?? hehe

Please spread my disease on Keeping on SMILINg..hehe -JayenLapez @ http://www.facebook.com\JayenLapez

• Âdil Farôôq

Other than all these If you have mobile phone enabled use it to recover your password.

• Justin Fortin

You need to act relatively quickly, and this should help http://www.facebook.com/hacked/

• Rishabh Sharma

1)Use ‘forgot your password’ to send the password to yotr primary email id. Now go to your email and get the paasword. 2) immediately report to facebook. 3) change the paasword. HOPE IT HELPS

Report Compromised Account –

• Jon Smith

1. Report it to Facebook
    2. Change Password or make a new one all together