Why is Facebook not accepting my password when I log on with my tablet?

Anonymous March 27, 2014

How do I log into Facebook with my new tablet? I’m on Facebook with my old laptop but can’t get on with the tablet. Wifi connected but tablet says I’m entering the wrong password.

try to reset tablet

2. Jeff F

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. A friend of mine recently had this issue, I've listed some steps to take below to resolve it. I will tell you though that we ended up having to reinstall my friend's Facebook Mobile App in order to get it to work again. Please keep me updated on the status of this issue.

Facebook - Logging in From Your Mobile Device

• Ensure CAPS LOCK is off. Seriously, it's a simple mistake and it happens to all of us.
    • Use the Facebook Mobile App instead of the direct browser based approach.
    If you're already using the Facebook Mobile App, clear out the app history and try again. If this doesn't work, uninstall the app, restart your tablet and then reinstall the the latest version of Facebook Mobile App.
    Ensure cookies are enabled if you're using a browser (as opposed to the app). Cookies should be enabled anyway.

If all else fails, reset your password. This will force Facebook to purge your old credentials and update them with your new ones.

Check your username and password on the computer and then try them again in the tablet. Nine times out of ten there is some mistake in either the password or the username.