Why does face recognition on my HP ProBook 4520 not work?

Robert April 23, 2010

I seem to have a problem with face recognition on my HP 4520. When I try to enroll in HP protect tools and the moment comes to make a couple of scenes of my face, the Start button does nothing as if there were no webcam installed or something. The webcam drivers are installed and it’s operational.
How can I solve this?

1. Jalaa33

why does face recognition on my hp probook 4520s doesnt work any more it was working good?

Waseem,

the above question is rather old and you are unlikely to receive a fresh reply here other than from me and sadly, I don't know the answer. I recommend asking a new question.

• Sa

go nakhor

3. Syedyousafraza

when i press f5 for quick web it does not work for me. Bios setting not installed , i think this message appears.

4. Gods-chic

Ok, so I have the face fecognition thing, but I want to remove it. I don't want it coming up at all when I turn my computer on (at start up). How do I remove it so it no longer shows!!

Please ask a new question. Thank you!

• Roo_rod

how rude! what kinda help are you. that was a new question.

Roo,

this was actually an advice that is not rude at all. Chances for someone who knows the answer to see a 'new' question within the comments in reply to an old question are very slim since these questions are mainly found by people looking for answers themselves.

Hence I recommend to 'properly' ask a new question via to receive the full exposure on the Answers frontpage and a lot of viewers who can potentially answer the question.

Hope this makes sense now.

• AHMAD

JUST GO TO CONTROL PANEL REMOVE THE SOFTWARE OF FACE RECOGINATION..VERY EASY
      AHMAD

5. Chrisakak9

Hi, I have just solved this problem on by 4520s by reinstalling the camera driver and the Arcsoft Web-cam Sharing Manager application and hey presto back up and running (I did also reinstall the face recognition software in a prior attempt).

6. Ferenczjozko

can you resolved this problem yet?

7. Jessica Cam W.

The only thing I can think of is restarting your computer, hitting F12 or F10 (according to your screen's instructions of getting into advanced setup), then on the BIOS screen, go to the second tab where you have to press Enter for the webcam so it says 'disabled', save and exit. Then boot normally and restart with the same steps, except this time, enable the webcam. I'm sorry if that doesn't help!

8. Johnathan TheTool Lane

Try reinstalling or updating your HP Protect Tool Software. Sorry that is the only thing I can think of.

Good Luck