How do I export my passwords to from Lastpass to Keepass?

Tuesday Peacock September 13, 2012

I use Keepass password manager. A few days ago, I accidentally deleted my Kepass Folder entirely. But luckily I think I exported all of my passwords in Keepass into cloud service password manager, Lastpass. So I want to export my passwords from Lastpass to my new downloaded Keepass.

But… I don’t know how to do it. Please help if you know, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't see why you are using two different tools for the same purpose here. Why not use LastPass on your machine instead of KeePass?If you still want to use both like this, you can export your data from LastPass (according to their site, I don't use it and haven't tried it) to a text file. Once you have that, open up KeePass and import the text file you got from LastPass. If it doesn't like the file format, you may need to open it in a spreadsheet program to massage it as necessary and save it as a CSV file (if that was not already an option when exporting from the LastPass).

• Tuesday Peacock

i don't like Lastpass as much as Keepass..But,the lack of keepass is no back up..If i lost that file(like this problem)...I can't get copy...I don't wanna use other extension to back up..So,I used Lastpass as the place where I store my passwords.whenever I get new password,I export to there.I thought Lastpass can export to other service as easily as importing from others...But,though Lastpass has plenty of features in importing...,exporting isn't easy.... Thanks for your comment...I'm going to try as your advice...:)