Tilman

How can I export my Google Chrome search engines (the ones behind the address bar)?

07 Jul 2011
07 Jul 2011 | |

If you use Google Chrome, you most likely appreciate the feature to add, manage and edit search engines. Well, I loved that feature so much, that I created a large number of customized keywords for myself – and I used them so much on my previous computer that I can’t live without them!

Well, now I have a new computer but Chrome’s sync feature does not sync the search engines!! :( How can I get them to my new computer? I do not want to retype them all manually (with individual keywords and URLs with “%s” in place of query) because this would be too much work. I was hoping that the browser’s sync feature would help but unfortunately it syncs only apps, autofill, bookmarks, extensions, passwords, preferences, and themes! :(

Does anybody have an idea? I’m sure there must be a way to do it automatically… In case you don’t know what I am talking about, the search engines can be found in chrome under options -> basics -> search -> manage search engines.

Thanks in advance for your help!