How can I export my first Google Android application to a HTC Legend?

Dan Ryland December 22, 2010

I’ve just completed this tutorial on ‘How To Write Your First Google Android Application’. If I wanted to export this simple ‘HelloWorld’ application to my HTC Legend, how would I got about doing it?

1. Kevin

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html
    This site will be teaching you how to export your application to your device (android).

Lucky I'm working on Eclipse, it's just only 3 steps to get it done.

2. Mark O'Neill

Well I guess there's two ways.

The first is to upload the app to some webspace (if you don't have a domain then a Dropbox public folder would do). Then use the Android phone's browser to navigate to the app's location. The phone will then detect the app and ask you if you want to install it. Say yes to everything and the app will install to your phone.

Or if you don't want to do it that way, use a USB cable and transfer the app to your phone with the USB cable. But then you will need an Explorer-like file management app to navigate to the app's location to install it.

If you can manage the first method, then I would recommend doing that.